5.0 out of 5 stars The epic scope of Edward Rutherfurd's Dublin Saga is impossi
Published on 4 Mar 2006 by mary40200

3.0 out of 5 stars Rebels of Ireland
Published on 13 July 2011 by JORGAN

5.0 out of 5 stars The epic scope of Edward Rutherfurd's Dublin Saga is impossi, 4 Mar 2006
The epic scope of Edward Rutherfurd's Dublin Saga is impossible to contest. Its first volume, The Princes of Ireland, covered the first 11 centuries of the island's proud and bloody history. This stand-alone sequel covers Ireland from the revolt of 1534 to the 1922 creation of the Irish Free State. Only a master of the historical novel of Rutherfurd's caliber could render this 400-year story with such clarity, accuracy, and a sense of scale. His portraits of people at every level of Irish society offer glimpses of Catholic and Protestant, rich and poor, caught up in the merciless maelstrom of history. Rutherfurd wraps up The Dublin Saga-begun with The Princes of Ireland-with a new work that takes us from the Irish revolt of 1534 to the 1922 triumph of the Irish Free State.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rebels of Ireland, 13 July 2011
This review is from: The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga (Paperback)
I was disappointed that when I received the book I discovered that it had already been published under the title of "Ireland Awakening" which I already had. There was no indication of this in the details of the book. I also purchased the Princes of Ireland and again discovered that this also had been published under the title "Dublin" Where books have been published under another title the details of the alternate titles should be included.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 April 2012
Mme J. Mackenzie (Nice, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga (Paperback)
The second part of the Dublin saga began to irritate me about halfway through the book. By the end, it was so mired in mid 19thC Irish politics I had lost all interest. Unusually for me it took me days to plough through the last few chapters, & I became increasingly irritated by the repetition of hereditary physical traits. One more character with flashing emerald eyes & I was ready to scream. Not one of Edward Rutherfurd's best books, overall a disappointing saga.
Maybe I wanted more myth & magic & less of the prosaic politics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ireland Awakening, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga (Paperback)
Ireland Awakening and The Rebels of Ireland by Edward Rutherfurd are the same book! Different titles and pictures but the same book! A bit annoying! Enjoyed it all the same. Giving one as a present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga (Paperback)
This book is not what a had expected and only book I have ever ordered that Ihad to wait so long for.Thot it was ordered from mainland UK., but came from the USA.. Would have used some other book sellers if I had been told sooner it was coming from there. Will I use them again maybe

The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
The Rebels of Ireland: The Dublin Saga by Edward Rutherfurd (Paperback - 27 Feb 2007)
10.07