A Thousand Sighs, a Thousand Revolts: Journeys in Kurdistan
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£10.88+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 25 May 2012
The writer discusses Kurdish issues and Kurdish life with Kurds living in the parts of Kurdistan occupied by Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey.

It was mainly written in 2002 and gives a great insight into Kurdish Life and Kurdish Issues and the different problems faced by Kurdish people under different occupying powers.

I have recently met some Kurdish people so I am keen to learn Kurdish history and culture. Over the last few months I have read a lot about Kurdistan and this well written book gives great relatively modern insights into Kurdish life and makes me want to visit some of the places she describes in this book.

Other books on Kurdistan that I recommend are
Love In A Torn Land
and
My Father's Rifle: A Childhood in Kurdistan

I hope you enjoy reading these.

Regards, Ian.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 19 December 2012
A very true picture of Kurdistan. The author reveals a wide range of aspects about Kurdistan in a very interesting way. This book give the reader an excellent basic understanding of many aspects of the Kurds, in terms of society, culture, politics and History.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again