5.0 out of 5 stars Reunited with old friends

3.0 out of 5 stars A Gift of Dragons
Published on 6 April 2003 by Avs

3.0 out of 5 stars A Gift of Dragons, 6 April 2003
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
I am a BIG McCaffrey fan so with a new book out I had to buy it, even though I already knew most of the stories. I was interested in seeing the illustrations. I wish I had visited a bookshop prior to receiving it so I wouldn't have been so disappointed. Ever the Twain was a typical story about the young yearning for Impression. I'm glad I've read it to sate my curiosity, but if you're a fan don't get tooooo excited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reunited with old friends, 28 Mar 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
It took me only 2 days to read this book from back to front. Absolutely brilliant, a pleasure to read. Being a great fan of the Anne McCaffrey and the dragons of Pern series, this book was a delight to read. The four individual stories were exciting and kept me enthralled especially the "Girl who could hear Dragons", the first three stories had been read before by readers in different forms but the last story about the twins and how they impress their dragons is very good and is also a new story. Anne McCaffrey has always stood out as a writer with a vivid imagination.
The illustrations of the book are also quite beautiful, this is a book that I will tresure amongst my collection

5.0 out of 5 stars great., 3 April 2011
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
I read this book at my local library and liked it so much I tried to buy a copy but found that it wasn`t for sale in BritainThanks to Amazon,after 5 years I managed to get a copy.There are 4 separate stories here,short but sweet,if like me you read Anne McCaffrey then I`m sure you will love these. the first one deals with a small boy who desperately wants to be a dragon rider,but a bully makes sure he`s too sick to go to the hatching.As with all her books Good triumphs.Each story deals with a different aspect of life on the planet Pern.I first met these stories when I picked up The White Dragon for 50p at a car boot sale in 1986 I have been hooked ever since.If you like a little fantasy mixed with triumph over adversity you can`t do any better than Anne McCaffrey.On top of that the book itself was in extremely good condition

4.0 out of 5 stars Centralised and Illustrated, 20 April 2009
J. Liston "BDF" (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Pern) (Hardcover)
A useful collection of all of Anne's short Pern stories in non-Pern collections (apart from 'Beyond Between'), charmingly illustrated, in a beautifully-bound hardback volume.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gift of Dragons by Anne McCaffrey, 20 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
It was very refreshing to read this new book, not only to catch up with known characters but also to encounter a new story. I've enjoyed all the Dragon books and it's great to be able to lose oneself in a different place.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice book, 14 April 2014
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
I used to be a great fan of the Dragons of Pern but the latter books in the series did not have the freshness of the earlier ones,

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 6 April 2014
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
a lovely yet small compilation of single stories which stand alone. The illustrations were subtle and added finesse to the finished article. So glad it was in hardback - will be one I cherish and don't pass on.

4.0 out of 5 stars McCaffrey completist fanatic, 10 Mar 2014
L. Holloway "film Freak" (North Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
Bought this because I haven't got it, there's probably only one story in there I don't already have in another collection but it's a really nice illustrated book and I'm a bit obsessive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 20 Jan 2014
D. Kingsley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
Incredible book with four stories which are a pure pleasure to read. The hardback itself is beautiful with its illustrations and page decorations and an absolute must have. I just wish this book was also available on Kindle too. I have all the Pern books in paperback/hardback and on Kindle bar this one. I just hope Amazon get a move on and make this available to buy on Kindle soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply love it ^^, 27 July 2013
This review is from: A Gift of Dragons (Hardcover)
The book contains four exciting short stories which definitely are worth reading. The layout is adorable with frames on every page surrounding the text and a couple of illustrations for each story.

A Gift of Dragons (Pern)
A Gift of Dragons (Pern) by Anne McCaffrey (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2002)
Used & New from: 1.76