5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing parenting book
I cannot recommend this book enough. It has totally transformed my approach to parenting my two little boys. I bought the book because I was feeling frustrated with my 3 year old sons constant requests to "plaaaaaaaaaaaaaay". To be honest, I was finding his games a little boring and repetitive and we were really stuck in a rut. I also secretly resented his requests...
Published on 31 July 2010 by Natasha R

3.0 out of 5 stars waaah!
This book sets out to encourage parents to play with their children more, on the child's level. It has some good suggestions for making your time together closer and more fun, however it has some extremely annoying repetitions. Many games seem to end with the adult shouting waah and or falling down in a comical way on top of the child. Slightly bizarre. I think if the...
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Bristol bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing must read for all parents!!, 25 Mar 2010
N. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
Brilliant - had me in tears it was so good! Made complete sense and is really helping me negotiate the terrible two's (which are now much less terrible!)! Its a book I keep picking up and re-reading and can see will really help in the future too. Really practical. Really helped me find the time and space to properly be with and build a relationship with my little girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing a new universe, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
The book shifted the way I used to look at the world. It is full of examples (-techniques to use), it introduces a logic which helps to translate childrens' language into adult language and I love the way it enabled me to act upon my love;not only for my son, but for my students as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars different perspective on behaviour, 3 July 2013
C. Charles (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Kindle Edition)
Read sample and had to get full book. Offers more than actual games and strategies but a way of seeing what's behind a child's behaviour and see from their point of view. A lot of light bulb moments for me and I haven't finished book yet as I keep going back and re-reading. Not claiming it has all the answers but the methods I've used have worked for both child and adult in our household.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit repetitive but so helpful, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
We bought this as we kept getting 'stuck in ruts' with our toddler - you know, when they refuse to do something or keep doing something naughty and eventually, in spite of your best intentions you end up losing your temper? Well since reading this book we've had a lot less of that - it's been so useful. And so useful at understanding some of his behaviour - and how to deal with difficult situations (like when he'd been really scared by something). I might read it again once my son is older too as it deals with kids up until early teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars full of useful tips, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Kindle Edition)
Really useful book, I took so many tips and advice and they worked and many things getting improve with my daughter and helping deepen our relationship, I recommend everyone who seeks to improve and more enjoy being parent...

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
This book is great, really good for parenting tips and how to deal with childrens behaviour in a playful way which you wouldn't really think about. I would recommend this book to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic parenting book, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
I'm still reading this but am so impressed I felt compelled to write a review! My daughter is approaching her fifth birthday and is having some problems at school with shyness. I wish I had read this book years ago...it is so well written: encourageing and not at all condescending, and the author has something valuable to say on every page. Its not just about playing with your children, but encourageing self esteem and what he calls "connectedness" between you and your child and hence your child and the world outside the family home. I purchased this along with a couple of other books about confidence building in children and overcoming shyness, and I have no hesitation in saying that this will be the one I keep returning to again and again. Rather than giving you "exercises" to do (groan!) as in the other books, he gives you ideas which you can try out straight away. I cannot recommend this book highly enough, whether your child is having problems or not, you will both take away many positive things from "Playful Parenting".

5.0 out of 5 stars playful parenting, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
Amazing book which opens up a whole new way of caring for your children. It provides essential ideas towards developing a fun and strong relationship, while supporting your children towards being confident, happy and connected. Loved it. Goes hand in hand with parents wishing to practice attachment style parenting.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST PARENTING BOOKS I HAVE READ, 1 July 2011
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Paperback)
I have not finished reading this book as yet but it is GREAT! So simple yet it changes your perspective of your children and how you interact with them. Even for those of you who don't like to play you will understand the significance of it. It will help you to turn some of those areas which are battlegrounds into much more relaxed and fun interactions.
I wish I had this book earlier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read- sound advice, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Playful Parenting (Kindle Edition)
This book had me in stitches! I actually laughted out loud every page- Lawrence J.Cohen besides being a great writer and child psychologist is a seriously funny guy! As a teacher, I wish I had read this 10 years ago- it would have helped lighten up and connect with my pupils. As a mom, I can't wait to try his play ideas- they look like fun for kids and parents. Highly recommend this book- it should really be compulsory reading for teachers...it would take a lot of the stress out of their work!

ARRAY(0xa78d4a80)

Playful Parenting
Playful Parenting by Lawrence J. Cohen (Paperback - 20 Nov 2012)
8.39