5.0 out of 5 stars Side-splitting!, 19 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys (Mass Market Paperback)
Even though many of the references within this book are geared to the American reader and perhaps would only be fully appreciated as such, I still found 99.9% of the book to be 'spot-on' accurate! Being female, I found myself comparing much of the content of this book to things my husband and other 'guys' I know say and do. And it was so true! I know Dave Barry greatly exaggerates things, but his inclusion of excerpts from newspapers, etc, highlights the fact that he's not far from the truth! I literally laughed until my sides ached and the tears were running down my face. This is the first Dave Barry book I've ever read and I'll make darned sure it's not my last! Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gut-busting laughs, 27 Aug 1999
By A Customer
This book had me CRYING at times, it was so funny! My husband has had this book for a few years and let me read it to "explain" how it wasn't his fault that he does braindead things...because he's a guy. After reading this book, I still think that he's clueless most of the time, but I enjoy it more. =) This book is the funniest thing I have ever read...make sure you don't read it with someone in your home or they'll get mad at you for laughing so hard! Seriously, ya gotta buy this book...I've never thought male stupidity could be so entertaining!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest piece of literature ever. Honestly!!, 7 Feb 2004
Only five stars for THE GOSPEL!!!
Forget all that trash like "Women are From Mars...." or whatever it was called. This is what every man should read so he knows what to aspire to, and what every woman should read to understand what her man is trying to aspire to (but inevitably failing).
More meaningful than Camut, Genet and Kundera put together. A thing of sheer delight!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!!, 27 Aug 2010
R. M. Hall (St Albans) - See all my reviews
It is so funny! You don't care that it was written a long time ago. The humour is timeless.

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic, 1 Mar 2006
A. J. Gauld (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
My first Dave Barry book after reading the columns for years.
I love him and have bought several books since this one, but this stands out. The section with the girl and guy talking in the car cuts me up every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny it is a health hazard., 22 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This is a vastly funny book, and as soon as it arrives at your door you will find that you are reading it from cover to cover. Dave Barry tackles all of the unwritten truths about 'guy' society; from the unwritten rules in public toilets, to strange testosterone filled destructive projects in midwestern USA (vacuum cleaners and trebuchets anyone?)
Basically I guarantee you will like this book, if not you are a minority, and you can give it to somebody else, and make them snap their ribs with laughter.
There is no Excuse!

Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys
Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys by Dave Barry (Mass Market Paperback - Sep 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01