5.0 out of 5 stars Best John Saul book yet
I have nearly read all of John Sauls books an this is my fave so far! Such a spooky little number an the twist at the end is spine tingling!
Published on 4 Dec 2010 by Clairabelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather bloodless outing for John
I have been a fan of John Saul for years but have not read any of his new stuff he's written since 2000. So I decided with the cold dark nights coming in I would catch up on all the books I have not read. Browsing in Borders Books I saw this book and decided to read it first.
Published on 19 Dec 2008 by P. M. Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Best John Saul book yet, 4 Dec 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather bloodless outing for John, 19 Dec 2008
P. M. Connolly "suspiriauk" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The story concerns two young teenagers who are bullied at school who find a book of black magic and use it to gt there revenge.
The story sounds good in theory but apart from a murder at the very begining of the book there are no killings in the book till the last few chapters. The Bulling characters never really seem to get their come uppance either as only one of the school bullies dies at the end so you are left feeling slightly let down by the ending.Also the main characters actions at the end seem to be a little out of character.
All in all it did keep me reading it but don't expect lots of killings but there is plenty of tense moments with the bullies and what they do to the main two characters.
All in all not even approaching his best work though.

ARRAY(0xa0a8aae0)

Black Creek Crossing (Saul, John)
Black Creek Crossing (Saul, John) by John Saul (Hardcover - 1 May 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01