5.0 out of 5 stars I don't feel so old anymore!, 16 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Virtues of Aging (Library of contemporary thought) (Paperback)
Thank you Jimmy Carter. I have reached retirement age, am a woman who has raised three sons alone, worked since I was 15 and was feeling very useless and over the hill. Your book has inspired me and made me realize, much to my amazement, that the best is yet to come. Again, thank you Mr. President for your plain and simple words of encouragement and hope for those of us who thought our life was over. Your right to the point and thoughts have made me an eager retiree. Please keep writing and I'll keep reading....

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it to someone you love, 6 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I read through half the book while waiting at a doctor's office. President Carter has a wonderful, down-home attitude and emthusiasm for what aging has to offer. He has his own advice on how the later years can be meaningful and productive. I wound up giving my copy to the doctor when he finished and will order additional copies for relatives and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Quick Read - well written, 24 April 1999
By A Customer
No extraneous words were left in this manuscript. It is probably the best written book I have ever read. I usually fall asleep while reading or never finish the book. This one had me pulled over in shaded parking lots with the engine running and air conditioner on until I finished. As a 47 year old, I think what he has to say is wise and practical. Highly recommend it.

The Virtues of Aging (Library of contemporary thought)
The Virtues of Aging (Library of contemporary thought) by Jimmy Carter (Paperback - 31 Oct 1998)
7.94