Good book.

ALOT to take in but take from it what you need. If its basic Qigong or Meditation then that's fine. There is lots more things about inner nourishing and bone marrow cleansing but personally I just wanted reassured that my meditation techniques where correct etc . . and anything else I have picked up is a bonus!

I'm sure I will use this as...
Published on 8 Mar 2012 by Craig Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars book
Their's a lot to read here, and a lot to take in. Not an easy read. You need to go over some of the material again and again.
Published 3 months ago by eddy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars "When the shoe fits you forget the shoe, when the breath fits you forget the breath", 8 Mar 2012
Craig Berry (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing (Paperback)
Good book.

I'm sure I will use this as a reference guide as I have a head like a sieve and forget things easily! lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book I have found on QuiGong, 5 Sep 2012
Nicky (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I started a quigong and tai chi class about a year ago without knowing anything about it. After about three months I realised I was feeling much healthier, and started to think about why... bought a couple of books, but this is by far the best one. Covers an overview of the history, medical benefits, and some exercises (as I am already doing a class this was not too important, but useful none the less)

Very very readable and well organised information, I think everyone should have a copy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best global view about qigong, 31 Aug 2010
It is difficult to find a good book about qigong. Some of them are just trivial compilations of postures; some of them are vere difficult to follow as they are written in a confuse style; some books try to explain too much styles and do not get to teach one. In my opinion this book is written by a expert, who has tried to give a global view of qigong so that the reader can choose the method that best suits him, and what is more important: he can understand how qigong works and practice qigong in a more relaxed and less mechanic way. The language is clear, there is no nonsense writing, no unnecessary or confusing pictures, and it has a good binding.
I usually do not buy any book about qigong or kungfu, if it is written by a non chinese author. Fortunately, I made an exception with this book. If you are interested in qigong and you are looking for a clear explanation and suitable style for you to practice, your money will be well invested in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Way of Qigong, 6 Jun 2011
Simply an outstanding book. Goes to great depths to explain every facet of this 4,500 year old Chinese health and longevity exercises. I cannot recommend this book enough; invaluable for any practitioner, as well as being a great insight to life. Ken Cohen is a scholar of the Chinese and brought his clear understanding and depth to create the most informative book.
Revd. John N. Merrill

5.0 out of 5 stars The Way of Qigong, 13 Jun 2012
I would have liked to see more space devoted to Qigong exercises, because what there is works. I don't believe in mystical explanations of martial arts, but I have to admit that I always feel better after practising Qigong, and it has long lasting positive effects. I can't definitely say whether that will be the case for everyone, but my own experience is that it works. It may also improve your effectiveness in other martial arts you study, though studying other martial arts is optional.

I would recommend skipping to the exercises, learning them, and then going back to the text in the front part of the book. Actually, the text at the front is largely unnecessary and detracts from a book which could have covered Qigong more thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Qigong, 30 Nov 2010
Excellent. I am working with a group of medical professionals planning to arrange some trials using Qigong as a medical intervention and this book has been a mine of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way of Life, 26 Aug 2012
This book explains clearly and simply a multitude of ways to improve both physical and mental health.If the excercises detailed are practiced daily for even a short period of time your health and tranquility will improve.I would not be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 30 Jun 2012
M. Orchard (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Having recently started doing Qigong for health reasons, I was fascinated to find out more about it. This is a great book by a Qigong Master, it's easy to read, yet full of wise and helpful guidance. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Aug 2011
This book is excellent for those of us who start knowing nothing about Qi gong.Very explanatory detailed and well documented. I sincerely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference book and personal view, 8 Oct 2011
This book is a rare example of insight, humour and knowledge gained through experience of many years of practice. Of all the Qiqong books there are available this must be among the very best. There is history, research and a wealth of practical exercises for your qiqong practice.

I agree with all the other reviewers and thoroughly recommend this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing
The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing by Kenneth S. Cohen (Paperback - 29 April 2000)
8.85