Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 15 February 2000
This book is a must buy for anyone interested in dreams. Detailed instructions on how to become lucid in your dreams. Applications for lucid dreams. The author knows what he is talking about and has researched the topic extensively. There still is much we dont know about our dreams. Become an oneironaught and join the adventure!
on 25 July 2007
A book I read while my passion for Lucid Dreaming was at its peak. Its a valuable insight that facilitates the reader to do what the title suggests. I love the techniques that were developed by LaBerge. Dreaming is a valuable insight into your imagination.
on 31 August 2010
Perfect for getting into Lucid dreams. This book is really easy to read and fully develops your mind in preparing it for lucidity. Step by step guides show how to learn to be lucid, how to apply lucid dreams to real 'waking' life and much more. A must have book if you want to have lucid dreams as it is extremely helpful and fun to read (has helped me achieve them and it is fun because it has many qoutes of personal experiences)
on 2 June 1999
This book contains all the necessary information to not only learn how to achieve lucidity, but also to learn the theories behind the dream phenomenon. It explains both why dreams occur, and how you can shape your mind to take the most out of your dreams. Most definitely an outstanding piece of informative literature. I tip my hat to Stephen LaBerge for his work in researching dreams before putting together this book.
This book contains a wide variety of techniques for lucid dreaming from different esoteric traditions. The essence of one's success with lucid dreaming though, IS, intention to dream lucidly.

You may be surprised with how many things you can accomplish just like that by beginning with a state of mind that it is easy to accomplish, that it is natural for you to accomplish it, intending the effect and expecting it.

It may take you more time to experience lucid dreaming if you have never invested any effort to work intentionally with your subconscious mind, but on the other hand, if you are experienced working with self-hypnosis, you may find yourself having a lucid dream just by reading through the book because it would plant a suggestion in your subconscious. Perhaps you have already had experiences where you watched something on TV just before going to sleep and then dreaming about it; or reading something before going to sleep and then dreaming about it - it can be as easy as that.

And yes, the practice of conditioning your mind to be aware that you are, even now, awake in your dream - works. Again, if you have never engaged in any spiritual practice, or working with your mind, it may seem that there is a distinction between the "dream" of your waking life (the time when you believe that you are fully awake) and the dreams you dream during the night - but if you'd engage in creating outcomes intentionally in your daily life with your mind - your daily life would soon begin to feel like a dream, just a projection from your mind - one moment you think about something - and the next moment you experience it in your outer reality.

There is a distinction, though - as you'll find yourself able to do certain things while dreaming with your physical body asleep, which you are not able to do with your physical body - such as fly - so any such unusual experiences can serve as a wonderful "cue" to alert you to the fact that you are dreaming and help you to become lucid.
on 5 May 2011
Now this really is a fantastic book. I was looking for something to help me both understand and explore lucid dreaming and this book has been absolutely perfect for this. Stephen Laberge has done a lot of scientific studies into lucid dreaming over the years, using his own experiences and the experiences of others and has come up with great, easy to follow techniques that the reader can use over a period of time to try and become lucid while dreaming. I read a lot of the other reviews before purchasing and was very impressed by what I'd read. People's accounts seemed really positive and encouraged me to give this book a go. I have always had an interest in the subject after experiencing lucid dreams randomly throughout my life but had never before considered learning techniques to induce them. And what a wonderful idea it is. It truly opens up a new world that is difficult to put into words. After reading this book you begin to wonder how more people aren't investigating the amazing possibilities for themselves. I am thrilled with this book and have already started to experience changes in my sleeping and dreaming process and even had my first ever experience of sleep paralysis after reading about it in this book, which was just utterly bizarre! A life changing book for those who crave adventure and discovery!!
on 27 July 2010
Really good read. Whether you have none or just a little experience with Lucid dreaming then this is worth a read. very practical advice and tips on how to become Lucid and tap into your subconscious world. Supposedly the other books on here by La Berge are just redits which is dissapointing as i wanted to read some more from him. Go and read it!!!
on 14 September 2013
This book is not only essential reading for anyone interested in investigating the world of lucid dreaming, I would go so far as to say it is essential reading for everyone. A real eye opener, game changer, paradigm shifter of a book.

We all dream, but few of us pay much attention (few of us know how, or why we should).

If you stop to think about it, we spend at least one third of our lives asleep, and dreaming. Shouldn't we see what's going on down there, in those depths of our being?

What a book !!!
on 4 June 1997
This thoughtful guide into the world of lucid dreaming is one of the best in terms of accuracy and readability. Laberge has conveyed the complexities of sleep research in a way that is both entertaining and easily understood, without omitting the necessary details of his Stanford research. The book is one the reader's best tools both for understanding lucid dreaming and for holding one's own experiments.
on 12 April 2013
Doesn't matter whether you already experienced lucid dreams yourself or you're just trying... If you buy this book you won't regret it.

Since I was a child, as a strong dreamer I was always interested in dreams in general. Unfortunately my family, friends etc. didn't share or understand my passion.
It's good to know that there are lots of people out there who enjoy dreams like I do and big thanks to the author for such lovely and helpful book.