5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase of My Life
Published on 29 April 2011 by ConradHunt

3.0 out of 5 stars if you want to know more about yourself
Very interesting, i'm glad to see that even in the scientific world there are some pioneers interested in what ancient traditions tell us since the world has begun. The book is clear and simple and offers a lot of ideas and suggestions to have lucid dreams. Read it, but leave your mind free from the olistic, and sometime relatively preconceived, interpretation of sveral...
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by ettore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Purchase of My Life, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow!! I payed the small price for this book with a little sceptecism as to whether dreams could really be as fun and realistic as stated in the book. My sceptecism deepened to downright disbelief when I read some of the things in the book.I decided that I'd actually give the techniques a go to see if it was as much of a load of rubbish as I thought. I was clearly shocked then when after only 2 weeks I had an amazing dream where I played out a few minutes of the plot of The Hobbit before waking up. My first word as I woke up, was "Wow". It was really as amazing as described in the book. After about 2 years of persistence I now can Lucid Dream whenever I want to. I normally do it once every night and let the rest of my dreams each night be normal. I was 12 when I purchased the book and am now 14 and have never regretted it. I can play soldiers or star-fighters or pretty much whatever I want to. I have for the past two weeks been playing out an hour of star-wars each night, picking up where I left off the next night. Despite being childish it's goddamn fun!! I still have a whole book filled with ideas of what to do next. It has changed my life and I will never regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works! I am not kidding! 99% flawless., 7 July 2006
David Langley "enigma" (Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
Quote from book - "According to `The Doctrine of the Dream State' an ancient Tibetan manual of lucid dream yoga, the practice of certain dream control techniques lead to the capacity to dream anything imaginable. Tulku makes a similar claim, `Advanced yogis are able to do just about anything in their dreams. They can become larger or smaller or disappear, go back into childhood and relive experiences, or even fly through space"

Its true, everything the author's write about is backed up, and I also know because of personal experience after reading this book and applying the techniques, you can change the outcome of your dreams.

Stephen explores several ways of becoming lucid, waking up in your dreams as it were, so there is no reason why there is not a technique that works for you. After the techniques Stephen goes into length about the practical aspects of becoming lucid, and he offers many good arguments, one being able to facilitate something like becoming better at sports, practicing the action of shooting a basketball for instance, or practicing a speech in front of a crowd, by gradually speaking in front of crowds in a dream that you are lucid in, in waking life this could become easier because of the increased confidence you have.

The only flaw if there is one to be found in this book is that it's a tad too long but if you are interested in broadening your experiences in life, this book is for you, in that it gives you just a little more and could give you an edge on some things. Within its 255 pages is a practical guidebook on becoming lucid, and so it does exactly what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summary of Book, 2 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This book tells all the need-to-know things about Lucid Dreaming. Included are many methods of lucid dreaming, what lucid dreaming can do for you and how to induce lucid dreaming. Great for begginers to even experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, speedy results, 3 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I bought this book, and the first week or so, I kept a notepad by my bed, and sure enough, I woke up after my dreams and noted them down. About a week later, I had my VERY FIRST lucid dream. It was so strange, and so enjoyable. Needless to say, I was flying. Real thoughts and reasoning were going on in my 'pseudo-mind'. I lost lucidity after a while, but I got enough of it to know that I will be continuing my oneironaughting.

4.0 out of 5 stars LaBerge's Lucid Dream books, 5 Jun 2004
Amazon has three Lucid Dream books by LaBerge under different titles. They are essentially all the same, so don't buy all three like me!
The first is a lower quality print, the second is a higher quality print with almost identical text, the third is a cut-down version which comes with a lucid dream induction CD.
If you are interested in trying to understand or induce lucid dreams one of these books is for you!
I would also recommend 'Journeys Out of the Body' by Robert Monroe, which documents his out of body experiences.
Contrast these with the phenomenon of lucid dreams and decide for yourself whether these are the same type of experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars The authority on Lucid Dreaming, 9 Aug 2003
If any overly skeptical types express their doubt in the existance of lucid dreaming, throw this book at them. Dr Stephen LaBerge is not some pseudo-scientist as his position at a respected University (Stanford) makes clear. However he also shows an open mind towards the views of other cultures as the last chapter of this book concerns Tibetan teachings (in Tibet lucid dreaming is known as 'Dream Yoga').
Lucid Dreaming can be a life changing experience, a 100% natural and safe 'trip'. If you would like to explore a whole new realm of existance, buy this book and follow the Dr's advice to the letter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on Lucid Dreaming, 2 July 2009
E. OLIVER "Ed Oliver" (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This book is definately one of the best, if not THE best book on Lucid dreaming that I have ever come across.
Founder of the 'Lucidity Institute' ,I think it is widely accepted that Dr. Stephen LaBerge is one of the world's leading experts in Lucid Dreaming.
All of his books are insightful, informative, easy to understand and incredibly interesting to read.
In a fascinating and sometimes witty way, LaBerge and Rheingold discuss various techiniques on inducing Lucidity. They talk about lots of experiments that have been conducted over the years as well as the exciting results that have come about from them. The book also gives exmaples of real lucid dreams by real people.
In all honesty, it's packed full of essential information and whether you are seriously interested in the topic or just wonder what it's all about, this book is an absolute must.
I have several books on the topic and this is the best one by far.
If your interested in Lucid Dreaming and you haven't got this book,
GET it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book! All the info you need., 29 July 2007
This book is packed with info about controlling your dreams!
It contains both traditional dream exersises as well as the modern scientific take on it all.
You have to really work at it though to get good at lucid dreaming, but you'll not have to work at finding a good book, here it is!
Hope this helps!
Take care!

5.0 out of 5 stars must buy, 15 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This book is a must buy for anyone interested in dreams. Detailed instructions on how to become lucid in your dreams. Applications for lucid dreams. The author knows what he is talking about and has researched the topic extensively. There still is much we dont know about our dreams. Become an oneironaught and join the adventure!

4.0 out of 5 stars A world within a world, 20 Jan 2010
A. Trewhitt "Alan Trewhitt" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
A fascinating read. There's lots here to expand your horizons and yes given time and effort the information contained will broaden your mind. I found the book a difficult read as it goes into a great deal of detail and description, don't expect to finish it in one go. It took me nearly a year to read from cover to cover trying experiments on the way. I would say this is a stepping stone which points the way to other possibilities in this life and beyond. Very Good

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xad8977bc)

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams by Stephen LaBerge (Mass Market Paperback - 27 May 1994)
4.81