Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 July 2009
Well written and informative. This stuff should be taught at school! Finding out about nutrition is a conflicting minefield at times. Annemarie Colbin has wonderful insight into this daunting field and the ability to simplify it into a really good read.
on 1 May 2013
This is the second book I've read by Ms. Colbin and would highly recommend it. It is full of interesting and helpful information that is easily incorporated into daily life.
on 6 March 2012
I bought this book to aid my journey into macrobiotic diet - it has lots of great facts about food and health however it does linger on the depressing side - with most of the facts being about disease! I would not reccomend this book for anyone wanting something uplifting and inspiring! It just made me paranoid!
on 28 January 2015
Excellent book, very well researched and clearly written. Anne Marie Colbin seems to come from a macrobiotic point of view but has widened her ideas and practice of cooking to include occasional meat and fish She explains her thinking well, with lots of research references. I am finding it one of the best food books I have read. her healing recipes are very good too. No general cooking recipes in this book- I think she has published those in another book, but this is a very good overview of a number of approaches to healthy eating, setting out the strengths and weaknesses of each and outlining her own approach.
on 14 November 2014
I find it very confusing. Actually could not work out what was being said on some things at all. Its quite dense and overcomplicated.
I believe there are some very useful things in the book but personally would not recommend it above other books.
on 14 March 2016
Amazing book
Will recommend
on 23 June 2016
this book changed my life.
on 24 October 2015
Utter rubbish. Not worthy of elaboration.
Not written by a Dr.