5.0 out of 5 stars Last book

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, dissapointed
Published on 17 July 2011 by Will

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, dissapointed, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Paperback)
The book is disappointing. Most of it has nothing to do with James, instead we follow a female journalist. The book seems to obsess over the plot as if it is some master plan conclusion to the series, but in actual fact it's just about a rich man building a hotel and how some environmentalists are trying to stop him. Cherub features on the sidelines, and it's hardly Jame's final epic adventure, he barely even features in it.

Very disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fitting ending, but not frantic, 13 Mar 2011
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of the CHERUB series, and purchased this book as soon as it came out, but I have to say that I felt that it is a slight let down. The plot itself is a slightly bizarre choice, and the use of a lengthy flashback which doesnt involve James at all is rather dull and mundane. The bits on campus are extremely eventful, and I feel that they are equally as enjoyable and well written as any other book in the series. I also like the bit when James finishes his mission with the Brigands which comes right at the start but after this point it all starts to go downhill. If you are expecting an action packed mission, then this may perhaps not live up to your full expectations, but it is a good ending to an immense series. It feels as if Muchamore has tried hard to give James a happy sendoff, but the result is slightly cliched and lacks depth. Ranking this book, I would sadly have to put it as my second least favourite, after Man vs Beast, but I would also add that it is a must for an CHERUB fan, and that the book reads much better on its second read than on the first.

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, 16 Feb 2011
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Hardcover)
i love all the cherub books but this one was a great disappointment. it was like there was no proper plot. after all the thrilling cherub books this one seemed like ther was nothing left to write.

3.0 out of 5 stars what a let down..., 9 Sep 2010
book worm (nottinghamshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Hardcover)
personally i couldn't wait to read the fate of james adams. what was i expecting... the biggest mission ever, pull out all the stops. what did i get... something that was limp and lifeless that at best was vaguely interesting. overall i think that muchamore has ended up writing a story that will fit the epilogue he had in mind. straight away thats back to front. you write a story to blow people away and use the epilogue to tie up loose ends. i have spent the last 3 years anticipating the endless possibilities and this is the result. fair enough it wasn't dreadful but then again it didn't grab you by the scruff of your neck and throw you into the action like we have seen numerous times before. we know he could do it, so why didn't he? the only reason i can think of for him not giving us the gung ho book we wanted is that he couldn't think of the plot but knew he had a deadline so wrote a fairly half arsed atempt. as a cherub fan i would say read it to complete the set but i will always remember his last great book to be the general.

i had always said that the weakest books in the series were the fall and brigands mc. this is worse than them by far.

i just hope the next cherub trilogy will revert back to the early cherub style of writing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Massive let down..., 23 April 2011
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Paperback)
I have been a keen reader of the Cherub series and eagerly anticipated the release of Shadow Wave. However I found the lack of action and slow pace made it very difficult to enjoy the book. Most readers will purchase this book hoping for an exciting ending to the series. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU GET. Very disappointing end to what would otherwise be an excellent series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last book, 24 Jun 2013
This was the last book in the James Adams' series I'm very sad that this series ended I'll miss this but this book was great way to end the series and all I have to do now is read the Henderson Boys and then I've read all the Robert Muchamore books. This book kept me on the edge of my seat I couldn't stop reading the book. But I am sad to see James Adams go. By the way I am 11 and I recommend this book to 11-14 (not that it's rude) I will dearly miss the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Feb 2013
A lot better the second read but still is not one of the best books in the series in my opinion

4.0 out of 5 stars not the best, 17 Jan 2013
i definetly thought that th previous book was better. but it was still not the worst.it barely had anything about cherub and james in.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ending, 29 Dec 2012
A good ending to the series,of good books. Like the way it sends the characters off, but leaves it open for them to return, in newer books

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Shadow Wave (Cherub) (Paperback)
The book was ok but not a good or fiting end to the series, wish muchamore did not rush the last 3 books out and they would have been a lot better

here is my list of the best cherub books

1. Mad dogs
9. The fall
10. Man VS Beast
11. The sleepwalker
12. Shadow Wave

I know some will disagree but shadow wave deserves to be last it was only ok

Shadow Wave (Cherub)
Shadow Wave (Cherub) by Robert Muchamore (Paperback - 5 May 2011)