4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Cherub series
Excellent book! Lots of action, excellent plot, and best of all, James Adams is back as a 21 year-old. It's fascinating to see how he has grown and developed from the 12 year-old recruit and I'm glad that Robert Muchamore has decided to keep him in the story. I agree with comments from other reviewers that there was a little too much of Ryan and Natalka's relationship but...
Published 13 months ago by Julia Phillips

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
After the fantastic People's Republic and Guardian Angel, I was definitely expecting a great ending to the Aramov storyline, yet I was left kind of hanging with Black Friday. The main plot of the book only last until about a third of the way through, and after that really isn't as fun and exciting. Yes its awesome that James and Bruce come back, but I disagree with some...
Published 12 months ago by Pete

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The wait was worth it, 5 Sep 2013
J,C (Plymouth , UK) - See all my reviews
Super conclusion to Ryan's mission and loved having James back in the books though I thought that having all of the old characters was a bit too much

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love these books, 21 Oct 2014
I've been reading these books for some time now, it never ceases to amaze me on how these books can raise my heart rate in a matter of seconds.
grate choice of book, I'd definitely recommend this series to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my son and he loved it. He has read all of the book ..., 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: CHERUB: Black Friday (Paperback)
Bought this for my son and he loved it. He has read all of the book so far and can't wait for the next one he liked it that much he read it in 2 days ☺so if asked by him he would definitely recommend this book. *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 31 July 2014
I love this book. The series are great. I would highly recommend for readers over 10. Also the first series is very good so check that out as well!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, but lack of structure and other flaws make this book drag down the good sections of this book., 6 Sep 2013
NS123 (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Friday (Cherub) (Hardcover)
Black Friday unfortunately follows Scorched Earth with the random events plot and lack of structure. It immediately starts into the `Black Friday' part of the book which feels like we are starting a story from the end and the author has excluded the start and middle of the plot. The `Black Friday' part of the book ends within the first 100 pages if I remember correctly and the rest of the book continues on with the Aramov Clan, so the title is only referring to the very start of the book.
James Adams the protagonist from the 1st CHERUB series makes a return along with some other old characters. I find his return to be a bit confusing, as he is much older now and about four years have passed since Shadow Wave so the old CHERUB characters seem have overtaken the series. I personally feel that they should not have been included in this book but others may think differently, that's just my opinion.
Again, when the story goes to Ryan in Kyrgyzstan, the plot is missing the beginning and starts directly from the middle. Some details are quickly filled in which were not know from People's Republic or Guardian Angel. The events in Kyrgyzstan and later Mexico follow the random event pattern as well.
I still very much enjoyed Black Friday so I don't want to put anyone of reading it but it doesn't match People's Republic or Guardian Angel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Friday by Robert Muchamore, 11 Sep 2013
Steven (CARDIFF, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After finishing Robert Muchamore's latest book, I tend to find myself in agreement with a couple of other reviewers. This is a good book, but not a great one.

The book gets off to a fast and action-packed start as cherub agent Ryan is working undercover to prevent a major terrorist attack on America--an attack that has links to his long-term mission of infiltrating the Aramov Clan. The first 100 pages or so were gripping and I couldn't turn the pages on my kindle quickly enough. I did find that after Ryan returned to the Aramov headquarters for the last 2 thirds of the book that the pace dropped a bit and, while I still enjoyed it, didn't have the same punch as the opening section.

It was great to see the return of James Adams the hero of Muchamore's first series of Cherub books and I thought his involvement worked well.

This is the final book in this second series, but I hope Robert Muchamore continues to write about the world of Cherub in future books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 22 July 2014
Ryan and James are so cool . So sad about Natalike and Ryan though . Overall it was a great book !!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crappy, 21 Sep 2013
What was the point in calling this book 'Black Friday's when the black Friday plot finished within the first 100 pages

5.0 out of 5 stars Great finale, 6 Sep 2013
Sad that this is the blast of the series, hope Robert continuing these types of books or even an extended series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
This review is from: CHERUB: Black Friday (Paperback)
Another exciting story

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

Black Friday (Cherub)
Black Friday (Cherub) by Robert Muchamore (Hardcover - 5 Sep 2013)