4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Cherub series
Excellent book! Lots of action, excellent plot, and best of all, James Adams is back as a 21 year-old. It's fascinating to see how he has grown and developed from the 12 year-old recruit and I'm glad that Robert Muchamore has decided to keep him in the story. I agree with comments from other reviewers that there was a little too much of Ryan and Natalka's relationship but...
Published 18 months ago by Julia Phillips

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed.
After the fantastic People's Republic and Guardian Angel, I was definitely expecting a great ending to the Aramov storyline, yet I was left kind of hanging with Black Friday. The main plot of the book only last until about a third of the way through, and after that really isn't as fun and exciting. Yes its awesome that James and Bruce come back, but I disagree with some...
Published 18 months ago by Pete

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, but lack of structure and other flaws make this book drag down the good sections of this book., 6 Sept. 2013
NS123 (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Friday (Cherub) (Hardcover)
Black Friday unfortunately follows Scorched Earth with the random events plot and lack of structure. It immediately starts into the `Black Friday' part of the book which feels like we are starting a story from the end and the author has excluded the start and middle of the plot. The `Black Friday' part of the book ends within the first 100 pages if I remember correctly and the rest of the book continues on with the Aramov Clan, so the title is only referring to the very start of the book.
James Adams the protagonist from the 1st CHERUB series makes a return along with some other old characters. I find his return to be a bit confusing, as he is much older now and about four years have passed since Shadow Wave so the old CHERUB characters seem have overtaken the series. I personally feel that they should not have been included in this book but others may think differently, that's just my opinion.
Again, when the story goes to Ryan in Kyrgyzstan, the plot is missing the beginning and starts directly from the middle. Some details are quickly filled in which were not know from People's Republic or Guardian Angel. The events in Kyrgyzstan and later Mexico follow the random event pattern as well.
I still very much enjoyed Black Friday so I don't want to put anyone of reading it but it doesn't match People's Republic or Guardian Angel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing going to read it over and over again, 5 July 2014
It is a book which you just can't stop reading. It was an extremely exciting book and I am going to Finnish the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jun. 2014
Really didn't want to finish this book as I knew it would mean the end of cherub for me. I really enjoyed both series and will feel like a piece of my life is missing now I don't have these books

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 Jun. 2014
Good good good good 15more good brilliant ect. Awesome cool wacky teenage comedy sick snazzy 4more polar bears eat ice

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 19 May 2014
It was awesome I loved every word but I liked all the descriptive language that Rick riordan used. It was the best book I have ever read

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 29 April 2014
Great book I highly recommend this book to anyone who love action adventure and thrill and the thought of children pays is amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed !, 5 April 2014
A really enjoyable read. I found that I connected well with the characters in the book and enjoyed the writer's style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 19 Mar. 2014
Hmm wish i was at cherub,mainly because of he well Robert Muchamore tells the book.Love it can't wait for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completion., 18 Mar. 2014
Having now read the whole cherub series and the Henderson's boys books, I am astounded at the well planned and thought of stories. I have enjoyed them immensely and can vividly picture the scenes. Definitely worthy of the big screen. My heartily congratulations to Mr Muchamore for outstanding books and may you continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really draws you in!, 17 Mar. 2014
This is a fantastic book:):);) I just more gets added to the series! Although read guardian angel and people's republic first as all one mission.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Black Friday (Cherub)
Black Friday (Cherub) by Robert Muchamore (Hardcover - 5 Sept. 2013)