on 5 August 2012
I have been reading CHERUB books since day one and they're have been plenty of absolute belters in the past. And so it was with great expectation and enthusiasm that I approached the second of Muchamore's second series 'The People's Republic'.

I bought this book at 4pm yesterday in WHSmith. 3 hours later, it was read. Now I've done that with most CHERUB books but I have to say this one has SO many twists and turns and nail-biting moments, I was literally turning the pages every few seconds I was reading so fast.

It is just SUCH a good book I can't describe it, it's just so, so good! It's the type of book where you'd look at the page number one minute and the next you realise you've read almost 100 pages in no time at all.

If you haven't read 'The People's Republic' I'd strongly suggest you read that first as unlike Robert's previous work, this new series has an ongoing mission, rather than loads of separate books. Age wise, I'd say it's anything from about 12/13+.

The CHERUB series are the best books ever and this book certainly follows suit. Easily in my Top 3, this will keep you on the very tip of your seat and will have you writing letters to the author, begging him to bring out more than a book once a year!
on 4 August 2012
I had been waiting to read this book since I read the first one about a year ago and it definitely didn't disappoint.
Guardian Angel is as interesting, well written and compelling as People's Republic. I read it in one sitting.
on 6 August 2012
I've learned that if a book is by Robert Muchamore, it's going to be brilliant. And this book is no exception - I never wanted to put it down. It continues on from People's Republic: A new hero, a new mission (CHERUB) and is one long mission (different from series 1) that will finish in Black Friday next year. The characters are great, the plot is brilliant and it's just fantastic. A must read.
on 1 September 2012
This book was no doubt one of my favourite books in the Cherub Series - ranking just below "The Fall" and "The Recruit".

A real page turner, Muchamore has delivered quite reliably and given us a piece of brilliance. The Transnational Facilitators are up to no good and this is the story of how they try to infiltrate the hugely corrupt and evil Aramov Clan. We also find out whether suspicious Leonid Aramov is the culprit behind Ethan's death, or could someone else be behind it all?

It was dissatisfying in some way...I didn't want to end it! I will be lying in wait for the next installment - Cherub: Black Friday - where apparently Muchamore concludes with how it all goes to pieces.

Hope you enjoyed reading my brief review...highly recommended to teenagers. You have to have some level of smartness in you though, Robert can go into some pretty complicated stuff...
on 16 August 2012
After reading the first of this 'CHERUB 2' Series, I was sceptical. The characters didn't have the same charm and the storyline felt like a copy of the first series. However after reading Guardian Angel, my ideas have completely changed. The storyline follows the first book and, although is fairly typical, is exciting as always. The characters, Ryan and Ning, have also grown on me. Overall, although this isn't one of my favourite CHERUB books, it certainly is a very good book.
on 30 August 2012
I'm a fan of the Cherub series after I found 'The Recruit' some four years ago. Guardian Angel fully lives up to the rest of this series and I know from my own experience that the adult world does indeed often underestimate the abilities of kids. This is not just a book for children though, it is well written and crafted story of crime and adventure that pulls few punches. Once you read this book in Muchamore's series you'll certainly want to read the others!
on 12 September 2012
I am thirteen years old and this book is the latest book in the cherub series. it is amazing to read and has lots of plot twists.
The book arrived and within 2 days i had read it. it is suitable for children and adults. over all i would strongly advise this book.
on 29 April 2013
My son has nearly all the Muchamore books and reads and re-reads them regularly, as a teenager I was concerned that he might find it difficult to source books to be read for enjoyment. The Cherub series really does get readers hooked and I cannot ask more than that.
on 24 September 2012
I am a huge fan of Robert Muchamore and this book made be love him as an author even more! finished it in 3 days i just couldnt put it down! i fully recommend it if you have read his work before. also good delivery very happy!
on 30 January 2013
thou the book was not bought for myself, it was a xmas present for my grandson, after having a quick preview read of it first, i asked if i could borrow it after he had read it, as it got me hooked on it. great read.