5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
I originally began reading the series as a result of the TV series. However, by the time I began reading these two I had long forgotten the TV series and was really loving the books. The end of the second book left me wanting more, thus I was really eager to see what was to become of Elena.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. You see Damon's character develop...
Published on 21 April 2010 by Eva Gomez

3.0 out of 5 stars worth reading
This book is not amazing, but the later books (especially 6 & 7) are soooo good (once you get over the crazy story line!) that it is totally worth reading this!!
Published 14 months ago by lovesbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 April 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Volume 2: The Fury & The Reunion (Books 3 & 4) (Paperback)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. You see Damon's character develop further, the strength of Stefan and Elena's relationship, and you see the brother's join forces to fight against a larger evil, which is certainly refreshing.

Other reviewers have compared these series to the Twilight series. I believe that you should take both books for what they are and certainly not compare them, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I have enjoyed both series enourmously and certainly recommend anyone to read these books, you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 15 Oct 2009
Vampire Diaries volume 2 carried on from where the last book suspensefully left you hanging. With many twists and turns between Elena, Stephan, Damon, Matt, Meredeth and Bonnie its a definite read. Its not one of those books you can just pick up and hope to understand without reading volume 1 though. Happy reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampires Diaries Love it, 5 Sep 2010
Once again L.J Smith does a fangtastic job with this series. I personally think it will end up being a timeless classic in years to come. Reading it honestly I never kept thinking that this is so wrote in the 90s but it wasnt noticable. apart from the lack of technology really. but i love this book. I continue to reread the orginal series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Loved It, 27 Oct 2009
Being a vampire fan (on a BIG scale) I'm willing to try out any books with the words 'Vampire' somewhere in them so this was no different. I just happened to pick up the 1st and 2nd books up in the Supermarket and couldn't put them down. So when I couldn't find the 3rd and 4th books anywhere I came online and found them. The plots are excellent, the characters are portrayed perfectly and L.J Smith's attention to the character's innermost feelings etc. is VERY good. It gives you a better picture of what the characters look like/sound like/feel like etc.
It's definitely one for 'The Twilight Crowd' and having read Twilight this is DEFINITELY true. Though a bit darker than Twilight it's perfect if you feel like you need something a bit more 'gritty' (I'm not sure if this is the right word to use but I'm having a difficult time trying to find the right word) and so I absolutely love it.
I can't wait for the newest installment next year.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 7 May 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars better then the first (book 1+2), 15 Mar 2010
i like the fury (book 1 of the second book) i wouldn't say the story was gripping, but the struggle (the 2 of the second book) was a bit to much for me,

i feel as she should have ended it with the fury, as it gotten abit to unbelievable even for a book about vampires lol,and that saying something as i love twilight and the southern vampire mystery books,

but i've still ordered the next book as i do want to see what happens to Damon, (how sad) but im in no rush for it, not like i was for alot of other saga's ive read,

i wouldn't say these books are a waste of time, but i would class them as light reading

*sorry for grammer and spelling*

5.0 out of 5 stars Give them a try, 8 Oct 2009
foxcylady - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
My daughter made her way through the Sephanie Meyers novels and to be honest I was at a loss where to go to keep her intested in reading. These have been a good replacement which she throughly enjoys.

She confirms they are amazing and immense, she has been waiting for books 3 and 4 since June and hasnt been disappointed.

With the revival of everything vampire amongst lots of teenagers these books wont disappoint.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy and entertaing., 14 Nov 2009
Rosemary Rebecca Poutanen (Helsinki, FInland) - See all my reviews
I read all of the vampire diaries- books in two days when I was sick with the flu.
It is very easy reading and I couldnt stop turnig the pages while I was reading.
I would recomend this book series to anyone who enjoys reading something that is entertaining and not too serious.
The third book was better than the fourth but if you start reading these, you'll have to finnish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 July 2014
One thing I love about Vampire Diaries is the characters, especially Damon and Bonnie. This book is very different from the show, but you can see where the show has used ideas from it. It reads a bit like an 80s teen movie but it's an enjoyable book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
A gift for the wife that left her happy and kept her off my case for a bit.

The Vampire Diaries: Volume 2: The Fury & The Reunion (Books 3 & 4)
5.24