5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic in the series
Brave viking children, crazy dragons, another classic tale from Cressida that will not disappoint Hiccup fans. I would suggest an age of 5-8.
Published on 28 Dec. 2007 by 1234JMT

2.0 out of 5 stars Check which Kindle you have!
Not compatible with Kindle 3 - very difficult to read - returned for refund. What a pity as my grandson loves these books. The rest of the first 8 are OK - This appears to be more like a PDF that can not be resized.
Published 10 months ago by A. Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic in the series, 28 Dec. 2007
This is one of those books where the adult enjoys reading a chapter a night to their child almost as much as the child. Certainly my 6 yr old daughter and my 40 yr old husband seem to chuckle away at the crazy humour and funny jokes in equal amounts. They have read all 5 previous books and found this one just as good. Written in the same style as the others, if you have enjoyed the previous books, this will meet your expectations. If you have not read the other earlier books, whilst it is not essential they are read in order, perhaps worth considering reading from Bk1 first. Imaginative, fun, gently rude in a silly way, wonderful characters such as Fishlegs and Toothless the dragon along with a new language called Dragonese to learn..

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're aged 8 or 9 read this series. It's excellent!, 4 Aug. 2008
If you're aged 8-9 read the Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third series.With funny phrases and sentences you can't hate it.If you're a mother with stiff kids or a kid who enjoys funny books this is for you. Also consider buying How To Speak Dragonese.

"A Hero's Guide" tells you in detail about sword fighting, gives dragon profiles and it is very funny. The pictures are very funny, like Big Boobied Bertha, and the language grips you because it's full of action words as well as some challenging words that test you and make you a stronger reader.

Stoick the vast, oh hear His name and tremble. Ugh Ugh.
Joe, aged 9

5.0 out of 5 stars how to train your dragon audio series, 4 Jan. 2012
J. Ward (Llhanbryde, Scotland) - See all my reviews
i would highly recommend the entire series. david tennant is hilarious, and the stories are quite funny. enjoyable for the entire family to listen to. we listen to ours in the car on the way to school every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A full hit, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: How To Train Your Dragon: 6: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (Paperback)
Our 9 year old son just loves the Hiccup books.
He reads them through from cover to cover when they
come through the door. Then I (his mother) read the book
chapter by chapter. I find some parts quite scary so I tell
my son to hold me tight. Even his big sister (14) wants to
listend when I'm reading out loud. The language is rich and
funny. The books always finish with a good parental child connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 5 Feb. 2011
My seven year old son has loved this book and we will definitely be seeking out the others in the series. I have heard him laughing out loud while reading... what better recommendation could there be?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read for kids and adults, 5 Dec. 2013
I got the first one for my son as he is reading books very quickly. Bought the whole series, some he read on his own, others we would share reading before bed time. The whole series is fantastic. It is quite enjoyable for kids who are starting to ask questions about how they fit in the world to see how unlikely heroes like Hiccup and Fishlegs manage to adapt time and time again.
Over all it is a thoroughly enjoyable read. The story line is great and we are looking forward to the next installment to find out what happens to Hiccup and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ostensibly bought for our six year old boy but..., 15 Feb. 2010
S. Oliver - See all my reviews
Actually it's a race between his parents and his eight year old sister to see who can read the latest Hiccup book first. Excellent series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 24 Jun. 2010
The B. (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My son has been reading and re-reading this hugely fun books for 3 weeks now. Thoroughly recommended for budding dragon experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story No 7 year old should be without!, 19 Dec. 2011
Mrs. J. H. Hains (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This is a really excellent children's story. It has so many names that will make children giggle, and the characters are brilliant. David Tennant is a wonderful reader, with all the different accents he uses, and he makes it a joy to listen to. I am not sure about the music between chapters which does not add anything in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dragon story for fans..., 18 May 2015
The dragon series of books are something that I think all children will love. I know that I have enjoyed reading them with my son (9) and he thinks they are great. This story isn't our absolute favourite, but as we are reading them all is still a great tale with fab pictures to ease reluctant readers through the book.

How To Train Your Dragon: 6: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons
How To Train Your Dragon: 6: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons by Cressida Cowell (Paperback - 4 Feb. 2010)