‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment for all the family, 13 Dec 2009
C. Gillespie (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Not only is this series of books one of the most loved in our household - by my three boys as well as my husband and I; it has one of the best readers too so we can listen to it in the car as well as bed time stories. On long trips in the car it has all of us entralled and the boys are quiet for hours. You will not regret buying these Cd's - David Tennent is superb. If you have not read any of the other books in the series I would recommend that you start from the beginning with 'How to Train Your Dragon'. Although they are stand alone stories you get a better feel for the characters if you know the history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely series of books, 24 May 2010
This review is from: How To Train Your Dragon: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (Paperback)
My ten-year old son loves the books. I've read a couple and find them well-written and amusing. The stories are fast-paced, exciting and have lots of cliff-hangers. The central character is Hiccup, an unlikely boy hero who owns a dragon called Toothless. Toothless is even more of an unlikely hero but somehow the two of them, through a combination of brains and luck, always triumph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best childrens literature in its class, 9 April 2009
If you have a child who is between 4 and 10 who you are reading to this (and all the Hiccup books) is a must. Especially if you are bored senseless reading the rest of the inane drivel that is out there.

The Hiccup series is clever, amusing, engrossing and delightful. I'm currently reading through it for a second time with my 7 year old and enjoying it almost as much as the first time around. He also loves it, btw!

Read them in sequence though as the story does progress. That said they are all good stand-alone books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The How to train your dragon series, a must read!, 27 Aug 2010
This summer I took my 7 year old son to see the film How to train your dragon, which was mind blowing! But when we started reading the books, there was no stopping. We got hooked on them, and we couldn't put the books down. The books are about a little child who is expected to be a Viking hero.... and he is, but using a set of different skills: brains, instead of brute force, friendship instead of bullying, and bravery based on trust. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is a hero like no other, and Cressida Cowell a very inspiring writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment for all, 24 Aug 2009
These are very funny stories with great boy humour - silly names and fighting! My son loves listening to these stories in the car - as do both parents. In fact we don't want to get out of the car. David Tennant reads them so well. I've bought copies for birthday presents for all my son's friends - great for the 7-9 year olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant audio cd, 16 Aug 2009
G. Noakes (England) - See all my reviews
Once again a brilliant audio book in the Hiccup series, brilliantly read by David Tennant. I would recommend this to any Hiccup or David Tennant fan. Great to listen to in the car, makes any long journey much more enjoyable. Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiccup is Back!, 27 July 2009
It has been a long wait, but finally How to Twist a Dragon's Tale is out on CD. Absolutely as good as the others in the series, and with David Tennant reading with his usual flair, it is a joy to listen to; so much so, I've taken to nicking my son's copy once he is asleep so I can hear it all the way through.

Strongly recommended for long car journeys as the cds keep everyone amused from 7 year old to 85 year old - let us hope it isn't quite such a long wait for the next books to emerge in their audio form too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non stop reading!, 28 Sep 2007
Y. Melville (Scotland) - See all my reviews
We went to see Cressida Cowell at the Edinburgh Book Festival, and bought a copy there. As we were driving home, my son was already starting to devour the book. We had to take the book out of his hands to get him out of the car when we got home. His request is already in for us to buy him the next book when it comes out When I get a minute I'll be reading How to twist a Dragon's Tale, that is if my husband hasn't started reading it. Our younger son is now starting to read the hiccup books, having listened to the audio versions in the car. Long may Cressida write hiccup books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Magical books.........truly charming.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 14 July 2014
brilliant book as are the rest of them, bought for my 9 year old son but i enjoy reading them just as much if not more

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

How To Train Your Dragon: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale
How To Train Your Dragon: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale by Cressida Cowell (Paperback - 4 Feb 2010)
3.85