4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice if you're under 30
The majority of this book's details are things that you will eventually figure out. I am in my early forties and have a long list of things I wish I had know in my twenties and early forties. This book has them all and some additional detail that I was only vaguely knowledgeable about.

If you're under 35 and working GET THIS BOOK AND DO WHAT IT SAYS...
Published 5 months ago by Dr. H. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Some decent basic advice and a lot of hype
Quite a lot of reasonable advice in this book, mixed in with a lot of waffle. It is also intended for the American market.

Published on 17 Dec 2010 by The Emperor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice if you're under 30, 29 Mar 2014
Dr. H. Smith "Dr Herbie" (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews

If you're under 35 and working GET THIS BOOK AND DO WHAT IT SAYS.

If your older, it's still worth doing even if you might be a too little too late to prepare for an early retirement.

I knocked one star off because it felt targeted to a younger generation, and as a middle-aged man I feel it's my duty to resent them their youth. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 2 Nov 2010
Mr. N. Curran - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Will Teach You to be Rich: No Guilt, No Excuses - Just a 6-week Programme That Works (Paperback)
I came across Ramits blog one day after having financial difficulty for a long time. Distrusting automatically the scammy sounding name I decided to read the content and I was blown away by a lot of the simple counter intuitive advice on personal finance and even making money (read his best £20 you'll ever spend post and I guarantee you'll buy this book) It's helped me with my finances and I'm going on a foreign holiday in a couple of weeks for the first time in 8 years because the book helped me so much. And even the books he recommends are great and helpful in starting business's. So I tell you to go out and read this book even if you think you are financially smart this book is an eye opener to the type of finances and money you should be having not what you do have and advice on improving your career and money making (not just money saving) skills too.

So I 100% recommend people to go out there and buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars It will pay for itself, 14 Aug 2013
This book is full of great advice and it will pay for itself very easily. Ramit's advice is clear and easy to follow and was a huge help and has already led me to take action that will save me thousands of pounds (or euros, since I currently live in Spain). I recommend it to every twenty something year old who needs to get a grip on their finances.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some decent basic advice and a lot of hype, 17 Dec 2010
The Emperor (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

All the advice that he offers is freely available, he hasn't come up with any of it himself. Maybe your first step to getting rich should be to not buy this book and look at websites like Motley Fool and moneysaving expert and lots of others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best personal finance book. EVER!, 21 Aug 2014
Absolutely brilliant. Who knew I could afford to save a large amount, certainly not me! Ramit, although at some points can be a bit cringy, he clearly knows his stuff and explains in a way that is easy to understand and without all the confusing jargon. Definitely the best personal finance book I've even bought, and I will be keeping it for years to come. Would be brilliant as a gift for those looking to sort out their finances or who are stuggling to make ends meet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read..., 20 May 2012
A good book with some practical approaches. Given the UK version has been modified for the local Market it's all the more useful. Highly recommended for people just starting on their wealth building journey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book on the basics of personal finance and how to negotiate your salary for a job, 25 May 2014
I purchased this book after I heard about Ramit from a colleague at work. Although the bulk of it is ideal for people who need to save and cut debt, there are some advanced things in there which were gold. An example is that I never knew you didn't have to tell your future employer your salary and that if they insisted, how to deal with that much better so you can negotiate a higher salary. For that tip alone I would recommend this book. Ramit drills into us how we need to automate our investing and that is something I put into action too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ramit rocks, 22 Feb 2014
Ramit tell it like it is, offering logical and practical advice. Have been a fan of his blog and other work for long!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book, 14 Jan 2014
I was impressed with this book and so I bought it for my 'grown-up' children for Christmas too. 4 copies in all! The only downside for me is that I am old and Ramit Sethi only seems to observe the young! He thinks there is no hope for us I think. We too can grasp these points and improve our finances. Are you reading this Ramit?

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep coming back, 25 July 2014
This is easy to understand, well written, and gets you started straight away. I really enjoy the authors writing style and you can really sense his desire to help others through his choice or words. I'd fully recommend this book to anyone sensible enough to look for it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›