Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 April 2004
This is a great bed time story - my 2.5 year old son cracks up laughingover it. Adorbale pictures and very sweet, feel-good book to read rightbefore bed. Best book we've bought for him and I'm going to now buy theother Wibbly stories.
VINE VOICEon 20 May 2004
A friend bought this for my daughter when she was around 10 weeks old. It was one of the few books she responded to. She's now 18 weeks and loves looking at the wonderful pictures. I love reading it to her because the story is so cute and so much fun. It's a perfect story to add funny little voices to.
It's one of those rare books that children will enjoy as much as parents.
on 10 November 2011
The book tells a (very familiar) story of a small creature spending ages getting ready to go to bed, and so hits a chord with both parents and toddlers.

At each stage, Wibbly is asked whether he has finished doing whatever it is he is doing - eg "have you finished your bath Wibbly Pig?" and the answer is always "no, I'm...." (in the case of the bath, Wibbly is still drying his toes). My 2-year old son just loves saying "no" and shaking his head in response to each question, he really gets into the spirit of it.

The brilliant thing about the book is that despite his dawdling, Wibbly does eventually get into bed and go to sleep. My son sees Wibbly climbing the stairs to bed, having his bath, brushing his teeth, getting into bed and choosing his cuddly toy. It is all totally familiar to him and encourages him to do the same.

The print is large and easy to read - even for my son's grandparents, when they are reading it to him in a dimly-lit room before bed. I think that my son is more likely to try to follow the text as a result.

He loves this book above all others - even the other Wibbly Pig lift the flap books (which is saying something) despite it having no flaps, or other bells and whistles. We read it every night without fail and couldn't be without it.
on 29 January 2006
Thank heavens for Mick Inkpen. In a world where it seems most books for very small children have been thrown together by a talentless artist who cannot speak properly (the dreadful Poppy Cat for example), Mick Inkpen books are an utterly charming relief. Wibbly Pig has been a top favourite with my daughter since we started reading her bedtime stories at age 8 weeks. She is now a year old and we bought this book and soft toy for Xmas and she has demanded it at least once a day ever since! She finds the end part "Wibbly Pig? Wibbly Pig? Are you asleep?" incredibly funny. A hit.
on 2 August 2014
Bought when daughter was 2 and nearly 3 years later is still a firm bedtime favourite. She learnt the words off by heart quickly with the repetitious use of Wibbly Pig's name and the illustrations are excellent.
Being a hard back, gloss book the quality is durable and still looks brand new.
A surprise ending and style of the last pages never fails to amuse.
on 3 October 2011
Really lovely story, pretty illustrations (love pigely bouncing off the bed!), and the size of this board book will be great for my little girl to hold once she's a bit bigger - right now she just wants to chew the pages! (though being a board book, it doesn't matter if she does!). Excellent price too and quick delivery.
on 24 June 2011
Your two or three-year-old will identify with Wibbly Pig who finds endless ways of not quite doing what he should be in the going-to-bed process. Finally, as with all good bedtime story books, Wibbly settles happily to sleep - and in his dream "Where to now, Wibbly Pig? Can Pigley come too, Wibbly Pig?".
on 20 January 2014
My toddler has loved this book since she was tiny and it is bought out time and time again. Clear pictures and an easy story to follow, that she can also relate actions to. Now shes older she loves to act out the pictures - especially pretending to jump on the bed...!
on 27 September 2011
I have had a copy of this book that was free with a parent magazine from even before my 5 year old was born so it has always been one of my favourites - both my 5 year old and 2 year old love this book and even pretend to be wibbly with the words!!
on 19 September 2013
A good quality book for reading to very young children. However, it was ordered as one of several books with which I am familiar, which I ordered for a child's christening present, but unfortunately the delivery was so slow, I missed the date!!!