5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting fast paced sequel
Published on 11 July 2011 by Sugarboo

3.0 out of 5 stars Action packed
Its the last one so was expecting a bit more drama. It is full of action but often too far-fetched so appears ridiculous
Published 20 months ago by Joanna L Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting fast paced sequel, 11 July 2011
This book is the second in the Pegasus series, it begins in Olympus, not long after the first book ended. The Nirads are gone and Olympus has been restored to it's former glory thanks to Emily's sacrifice at the end of the last book. Becoming the Flame has changed Emily more than she can guess, her powers are strong and she struggles to keep them under control. Olympus is beautiful and Emily and her friends are happy there except for the fact that Emily's father is missing, still held captive by the evil CRU. The friends sneak off to Earth on a rescue mission and this is where the story takes off. They have to face the CRU and the return of the Nirads. The book is fast paced and switches between characters viewpoints which helps to build up tension as we have to wait to find out what happens to certain characters. Eventually it is left to Emily to save the day, can she master her powers?
I really enjoyed this second instalment, learning more about the Nirads and their homeland was interesting and I couldn't believe their story. All the favourite characters from the first book return and there were some great new characters introduced such as Tange and Cupid who really added to the story. Parts of this book are funny, some are scary and some are sad, it's a great mix and I found it hard to tear myself away.
If you liked Pegasus and the Flame then I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy this, this is a great sequel, it moves just as fast and is just as difficult to put down. Looking forward to the next book already!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this book., 25 Aug 2011
My 11 year-old daughter loved this book, and said:
'Incredibly good read! When I first found it I was not that interested, but when I read it I could not put it down. Great read for children of my age or over. I think both boys and girls would enjoy it. Very exciting content, may be scary for people afraid of Gorgons! Strangely addicitive, I can't wait for the next book in the series. For anybody who likes myths, this book is a must buy.'

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Olympus at War' = 'The Flame of Olympus', 12 Jan 2014
OLYMPUS AT WAR is the same as THE FLAME OF OLYMPUS

I was inches away from ordering this book. Thankfully, I clicked on the 'look inside this book'. I was unsure to begin with as to whether or not I had seen it somewhere before, and after a couple of scenes were incredibly familiar, I checked out the reviews, and saw that most said it was a great second book. Suffice to say, I was slightly disappointed, as the different title, and release date had implied a new book.
That being said however, it is a fantastic book, well worth the buy if you do not already own it. Just don't make the same mistake I nearly did.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it !!, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus (Paperback)
Continuing the story from the first book Emily wants to rescue her dad from the hands of the government.
Emily and her band of friends set off but don't relies the true danger there in.
Full of action and adventure in a breath taking story that you don't want to end.

I zoomed through the book in one seating. The book is so well written and the characters so easy to love and read about. Emily's adventures in these books are exciting and leave you feeling like your on a roller coaster ride. I felt like i was holding my breath the whole way through hoping that everything would turn out ok.

This book has action and adventure fantasy and myth all packed into one book.
it was a fast read with lots in the book to keep younger and older readings interested in the book.
I would happily recommend this book to others

5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Action packed, 2 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent sequel, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus (Paperback)
this is a excellent sequel to pegasus and the flame. it introduces a few new characters such as cupid but also takes us to the world of the nirads. the book is incredably well written and structured. this book is a must read for anyone who read and loved pegasus and the flame. i really loved this book and this series is now on my list of favourite books, i can't wait to read the third instulment when it comes out. happy reading everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Blah Blah Blah, 6 Jun 2014
I just wanted to put in a 5 star ( at ssh cu do us is tea Styx studios st do try psychic)

5.0 out of 5 stars YOur Imagaination can Fly with this story, 13 May 2014
This book was even more gripping than the first, and that was hard to put down. The story pulls you in from the start and you just want to know that Pegs and Emily are going to be safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Feb 2014
bought for my daughter to read....she has the paperback but re reads all of kate ohearn's stuff so much she wanted to buy it on kindle as well...shes eagerly awaiting the next installment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan 2014
I thought that it was an enjoyable sequel and can't wait to read the next one I loved how they fooled u and slowly helped to understand the full extent of Emily's powers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus
Pegasus and the Fight for Olympus by Kate O'Hearn (Paperback - 7 July 2011)
5.24