5.0 out of 5 stars Night World
How strange that readers can have the complete opposite experience. I loved this book, so much so I immediately bought the 2nd one.

It's three short stories in one book, but all the characters are connected, and I loved the idea of the night world. Personally I thought 'it was' cleverly written.

Don't expect blood and gore though, they are more...
Published on 30 Jun 2009 by Mrs. Anne J. Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars Very underwhelming.
I really enjoyed The Vampire Diaries so started this book with high expectations, but became very disappointed. I kept expecting for the plot to twist and turn into something more interesting, but it never did, it was really predictable. It may be that this is the foundation to the rest of the series, but I`m not sure I care about reading the rest.
Published on 12 July 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Very underwhelming., 12 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 Aug 2009
Jen "Page turner" (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
I loved these books!

The stories are very well done, and the fact that theyare all different, but still related, it's great. As soon as I started reading I couldn't put them down, about to go onto read the third volume, can't wait.

This genre of books is a really good one, I have many of vampire and supernatural related fictions and they always keep me hooked.

Definately recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites!, 16 Dec 2008
Mayumiwinn (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm like most of the other reviewers on here. I am 22 and started reading these books when I was about 13/14.

I was digging through my old books and came across these and re-read them in a week. This book is one of my favourites as Mary Lynette and Ash are one of my favourite couples, two incredibly strong characters...and we all love a bad boy with a soft side!
I just wish LJsmith would hurry up and release the final installment. We have literally been waiting 10 years since the last book was released and that makes me feel ancient and too old to be reading these teen books still! Only thing is, the book gets pushed back year after year, so it may never happen.

Go read them now and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have the final book released on time for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, from a great series!, 7 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This is a brilliant book by Lisa J. Smith, and all the othe Night World books are excellent too. If you haven't seen them already, there are tribute sites to L J. Smith all over the net. This book is about a forbiden love, and the fight to stay with your soulmate even through death.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the books & am dying for No.10!!!!!!!!!!!, 27 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This book is one of my favourite in the series but I love every single one. I love this book because I love both the good guy, James and the bad guy, Ash (who is the guy in the next book) because they're both the gorgeous and dangerous type! L.J. Smith is one of the best writers ever! I love the way she keeps building up the plot til you think the suspense will kill you! However,
...If you also love the Night World series, I recommend The Forbidden Game trilogy and The Vampire Diaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent series, 18 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This book is truly gripping,after reading it I was propelled to read the others in this enchanting series, however the series quite distressingly ends at book 9 in england, though no. 10 is available in the states Im waiting for it to come overseas.my advice is, if u like fantastic fantasy fiction and you aren't fainthearted-this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Night world rules, 15 May 1999
By A Customer
This was the first night world book i read but i first saw it when my friend was reading one in class they really get u're imagination going I now love the night world series and have read no.s 1 2 3 8 & 9 but hopefully no.s 4 & 5 soon if anyone wants to talk about the night world books or any thing to do with that please emali me....

3.0 out of 5 stars not so sure, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Night World: 1: Secret Vampire (Paperback)
I began reading this book and was very impressed by the secret vampire was a little upset it finished to be honest and then went to a totally different story if you are someone like me who gets to involved in characters i advised to be ready for disappointment as doesnt look like they are continued anytime soon and each story is different

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as enlightening as I hoped, 14 May 2011
I was expecting more from this book given the write ups. Perhaps my expectations were raised too high. It's an enjoyable and believable read. The story is interesting but not riveting. I didn't have a problem putting down the book nor in picking it up again. It entertained me without exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of stories about forbidden love, 25 April 2011
C.Ridgway (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night World: 1: Secret Vampire (Paperback)
The first thing I loved about these books are how some of the characters in each story are linked to one another-great for getting to know the characters more.

First book was about Poppy who finds out she has a terminal illness and her best friend might just be able to save her by risking his own life. Found this one to be aimed more at younger readers by the style of the writing but the issues of terminal illness were more suited to an older target audience I think personally.

My favourite had to be the second, Daughters of Darkness without a doubt-just loved bad boy Ash (funny because I hated him in story one!), this is what made me rate this book 5*. I didn't want this story to end-I hope we find out more in one of the other bind ups.

Enchantress, the third book was a nice change from vampires by replacing them with witches but I just didn't feel much between Thea and Eric and I felt like L.J Smith didn't build up their feelings or Eric's character enough.

Overall, still doesn't beat my favourite books which up to now are the twilight saga-they just don't have the depth like Twilight does, but I did love Daughters of Darkness. I'd say each of the books are aimed at a mix of different ages, from about 13 for Secret Vampire (style of writing but not the issues) to a bit older for the other two stories. None of them are typically 'adult' reading but I'm 26 and I did enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Night World: 1: Secret Vampire
Night World: 1: Secret Vampire by L J Smith (Paperback - 7 May 2009)
5.59