5.0 out of 5 stars THE book EVERYONE should have if in a relationship, 18 July 2000
When I discovered that my husband had been having an affair I went to a counciller for help. On leaving she gave me this book. I thought another book by someone who doesn't know how I feel or what I am going through, another book by a high minded, out of touch with reality person. How wrong I was! Every word of every sentence on every page gave comfort help and hope for our future. It was so easy to read and the love and warmth on the pages came easily into my heart. If you have a problem with your marriage or even if you dont READ THIS BOOK. It has meant so much to be able to share in the caring for the family this book brings.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on relationships I have ever read!, 13 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
You can learn from the experiences of many couples by reading this book. Their stories are told, along with those of the author in touching and compassionate way.
The lessons learned can be applied to almost ANY relationship - you do not have to be married in order to benefit!
The whole book is extremely well written and very easy to read. It is both useful and entertaining. You may have trouble putting it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm getting one for all my friends, 20 Aug. 2006
We were given this book by our minister as part of a marriage prep class. I read it last week and it's really made me think about things. It's insightful and helps you realise that other people have feelings which although you don't mean to hurt you often do. I'm getting a copy of this book for all my friends and family as I think everyone in a relationship whether preparing for marriage or already married should read it. It explains about rocky patches and what there is to lose as well as helping you cope with financial difficulties as a team. Great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping the odds in your favour!, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Loving Against the Odds (Paperback)
As Tania West author of Just a Piece of Paper?: Why commitment is the new aphrodisiac comments: Rob Parsons has the ability to write with profound honesty, humility and compassion about how to love when the going gets tough. He writes about constructing, negotiating and maintaining boundaries with real wisdom and his book is packed with practical strategies for creating the kind of marriage that will stand the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly helpful book, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Loving Against the Odds (Paperback)
Easy to read, very supportive, cases you could easily relate to.
Made me smile- and cry.
SUCH a good book - would really recommend it to anyone in a relationship - there is something for everyone here, to help strengthen or repair what you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars For everyone who is married, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Loving Against the Odds (Paperback)
An excellent, down-to-earth book about marriage, with its problems, and suggestions for making things better. Parsons primarily covers communication difficulties, and the need to appreciate the other person as well as listening to them. There are also chapters on finance, arguing, intimacy, forgiveness, and the dangers of affairs.

It’s written from a Christian perspective with a few references to the Bible, but I don’t think there’s anything which would offend anyone from any faith (or none). plenty of personal examples and anecdotes illustrate the author’s comments and advice. All round, one of the best and most readable books about marriage I have come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful ideas, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Loving Against the Odds (Paperback)
Useful and thought provoking, realistic advice set in real life worth the couple of hours it will take to read

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down until I had read the ..., 9 Mar. 2015
I couldn't put it down until I had read the whole book! I took advantage of every free moment to pick ip the book. Very practical and I could identify with the illustrations. I am already practicing some of the ideas suggested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Loving Against the Odds (Paperback)
Brilliant practical advice from Rob Parsons. Few wasted words, and plenty of stories to inspire and guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2015
Everyone should read this before they marry or live with someone of the opposite sex.

Loving Against the Odds
Loving Against the Odds by Rob Parsons (Paperback - 7 Jan. 2010)