4.0 out of 5 stars Idolatry, 30 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Counterfeit Gods: When the Empty Promises of Love, Money and Power Let You Down (Paperback)
I liked the book as it really gives a deep insight into how corrupted we are, in our pursuit of things that have give no true joy. The book highlights the importance of the first commandment and the problems that ignorance to it can create. Although I felt there was not so much help in the process by which we change it. But I must also say that I have listened to many of his messages and this may also be a reason as I may not have felt that I heard anything new, either way a top notch book. Tim Keller is one of my favourite writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing self discovery, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Counterfeit Gods (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't stop reading this book. Been depressed most of my life and never knew why until I read this book . It challenged everything I ever believed. Now am I believer ! Thank God for this discovery . I look forward to a happier life . This time I will praise God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Idolatry Exposed, 5 Sept. 2012
A superbly instructive explanation of the major forms of idolatry existing in the world. Timothy Keller's purpose is to show that people would rather seek anything else (eg. success, love, family, power) to satisfy their deepest needs rather than trust in their Creator. Good, solid biblical teaching taken from the lives of Abraham, Jacob, Zacchaues, Naaman and Nebuchadnezzar - I think this book would be especially suited for non-christians to help them understand their need of God and lead them to the answer, which is Jesus Christ. Read it and pass it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey of self discovery, 21 Feb. 2013
This is a read that requires facing ones self at the deepest innermost part of our being, and being honest about what is there. A book that helps reveal the hidden idols in all of our hearts and how we might deal with them. The contents are obviously well researched and very informative to an age that appears to have lost any real purpose in life. Tim Kellar has an exciting way of looking again at well known Bible stories and bringing them very much alive into the twenty first century and into the reader's life. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here is today's world, 8 Mar. 2013
How inspiring to read easily why this world is in such a mess. God must surely be pleased that so many people are reading this writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another interesting and insightful book by Timothy Keller, 8 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Counterfeit Gods (Kindle Edition)
This is an excellent and most insightful book in which Timothy Keller gives an indepth study of the many sorts of Idols which people consciously choose to put in the space which Keller rightly asserts shold be filled with God. I found it amazing the number of idols which we use and of the possible unconscious reasons/motives why we make such choices. Keller makes meaningful links with biblical stories very well. Overall another great book by the New York Paster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Gods, 21 May 2012
William J. Kerwin "Jesus Loves You" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Counterfeit Gods (Kindle Edition)
This is an eye opener to what the world worships in their daily life even though they do not know that they are worshipping counterfeit gods. It is also and eye opener to Christian's and how they worship and could be following a false god. It is a really good read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 21 April 2013
Tendai Horton "Knowledge thirsty" (London,England) - See all my reviews
Never dissapointed with Timothy Keller. Enjoyed the read and gives a good account of how material things such as cars, houses etc can be thought of a gods. A good and intelligent offering from Mr Keller.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 1 Oct. 2011
very insightful and helpful, this book has helped me understand myself and the world better. buy it - its awesome and will give you new insight into your own heart as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Gods is an excellent book, 11 Jan. 2013
"Counterfeit Gods" really makes you think! It challenges accepted understanding and offers new insights but most of all it asks the reader some difficult questions.

Counterfeit Gods: When the Empty Promises of Love, Money and Power Let You Down