Published on 4 Mar. 2011 by Rosemary

3.0 out of 5 stars a year
Found it difficult to navigate easily on a kindle and that was very frustrating as I did not always just want to go from one day to the next. Content is excellent though.
Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by verra

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit early to review a year's journey....but not too late to join in!, 4 Mar. 2011
Rosemary (Maidstone, England) - See all my reviews
I'm finding this book a refreshing start to each day. It's just one page a day, not too closely printed, and it's easy to read and understand. At first glance I thought it looked a bit light on Bible content for its purpose as it doesn't start each day with a whole paragraph from the Bible. I soon discovered that there is far more "meat" in here than I realised. Like Jesus, Jennifer uses simple stories from everyday life to help the reader experience more of God, and to throw new light on the verses she quotes. It works! Sometimes I am comforted, sometimes uncomfortably challenged, sometimes surprised seeing something familiar in a fresh way. And more often than not I find myself reaching for my Bible to follow the theme further, not because I "ought" to, but because I have been invited in, and I want to say yes. Come and join the journey!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Year's Journey with God, 25 Sept. 2011
I bought this book when I had read a review about it in Woman Alive Magazine and thought that I would buy it as a new devotional book for myself. I have been delighted with it as it is exactly the right length of daily notes and leaves it up to you whether you want to expand reading the chosen verse each day. I have found that most days I am remembering the words that I have read and have already quoted some of the stories or points that she makes to my friends. If you are looking for a book which provides you with the discipline of a daily reading, but find it difficult to allow enough time to do this, then you should find that this book provides just the right amount of encouragement, new ideas and focus without requiring you to allow for too much time to soak it up. It is written in a lovely, open way, and in a style that you can relate to. Would strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Year's Journey with God, 9 July 2011
This is a book of daily readings which are extremely helpful,
Jennifer Rees Larcombe (the Author) talks about her experiences
within each reading, this lady has walked the talk and through her
experience can help others too.A great book that can be read year
after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh daily, 17 Nov. 2012
Pilgrim (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my Kindle and started reading one page per day from the beginning of January 2012. Its now mid-November and I haven't missed a day - this probably has more to do with the the book's appeal than with any self discipline on my part. I have found Jennifer's insights a great source of light for each day. She writes simply and from her own experience, but with many new insights. Occasionally there is a day when the thought doesn't strike a chord with me, but far more often, I find something of real encouragement and substance. I am male and my own life experiences to date have been much easier than Jennifer's so I wondered initially if I would "connect" with this book. But any doubts of that sort were quickly dispelled. I am really enjoying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life giving book, 16 Jun. 2014
Have been pleasantly surprised by this book. I love having it on my kindle and just spending even 5 minutes reading this daily devotion before I get stuck into my night time read. I am a busy and disabled mum so just having this to feed me each day is real nourishment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comforting, 23 Nov. 2011
Really enjoyable book with comforting words of inspiration. You can pick it up anytime and there is always something in it to make you think. Good Book. Have met the author in person and she is a down to earth character and very spiritual.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Journey in Life, 27 May 2012
Freddie (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Lovely book to handle (never mind the Kindle. Well presented and printed, easy to read. Great book for daily time spent with God. Puts the day in the right perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars An encouraging and comforting read., 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: A Year's Journey With God (Paperback)
This book is written in daily bites, just enought for a few minutes reading and contemplation. The author has had many different life experiences, some good and some not so good. Her wealth of experience has been put to good use in the writing of this book. Her trust in God and her ability to see him at work, even in difficult circumstances, will be an encouragemant to readers. Short Bible passages are included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 24 Jan. 2015
I bought this book to take me through 2015. We're nearing the end of January now and I'm really enjoying it. I particularly liked the day Jennifer talked about a conversation with her 5 and 6-year-old on their way home from school.

The daily readings are a page long, so would be very easy to fit into a busy schedule (I tend to read on my Kindle before I get up in the mornings).

5.0 out of 5 stars a great daily reading, 12 April 2014
This review is from: A Year's Journey With God (Paperback)
I have this book on my kindle it has been read several times I have found it very helpful and enjoyable .I look forward to reading it everyday. this one I brought for a present for a good friend .I only wish More of Jennifer Rees Larcombe books were available on kindle .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Year's Journey With God
A Year's Journey With God by Jennifer Rees Larcombe (Paperback - 10 Oct. 2013)