5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Treasure!
Published on 26 May 2011 by Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe"

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit far fetched!
Have read most of Melissa Hill's previous novels & I was pleased to see this one in my local library.
Glad I did not have to purchase it as I thought the whole thing was a bit too far fetched & although I enjoyed it I felt it was just not as good a some of her other books.
Published 20 months ago by jg

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Treasure!, 26 May 2011
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The story begins with Ethan buying his ring in Tiffany's, and Gary simulataneously buying Rachel's charm bracelet, although of course neither knows of the others existence. The reader is privvy to this right from the start, and each man's reasons for doing so and therefore immediately we love Ethan for his romance and hate Gary's stingy attitude and the way he treats his lovely girlfriend! However, when the accident occurs and the bags are accidentally switched, the story really kicks off when Vanessa receives her Tiffany bag on Christmas morning and its just a bracelet, not the ring Ethan was expecting to propose with! Even though I knew it was coming, it was still shocking to read and I felt so sorry for Ethan, he really didn't know what to do and as a reader, you really feel for him.

Gary on the other hand, well I just wanted to give him a slap. He thinks the ring has magically appeared and so rolls with it, proposes to a shocked yet ecstatic Rachel who goes about wedding planning straight away, even though she can't quite believe Gary spent so much on her ring. I loved how the story of Rachel and Gary unfolds, Hill writes Rachel as such a sympathetic character, which makes Gary look even worse, but then there always has to be a villain of the piece! I was praying for Rachel to twig what has happened but it felt like it was never going to happen, Hill really writes a fantastic story for these characters and you really don't know where it is going next.

As always with Melissa Hill books, there are twists and turns along the way that you don't see coming until they suddenly appear and this was certainly the case with this book. Everything suddenly happens within a short space of time so while you are happily plodding along as you read, it suddenly hits you and I love that! The writing throughout the book was fantastic, the narrative is very easy to read and enjoyable, and the third person allows Hill to flick easily between Ethan's story and Rachel and Gary in Ireland. I didn't find it hard to keep up at all, and loved how Hill manages to keep the characters lives quite separate yet completely intertwine them at other times too, it was really well executed.

This love story is extremely well written, and will certainly bring back some lovely memories for us girls that have been lucky enough to have our own something from Tiffany's (especially the NYC one!). It is so well written that you are quickly drawn into the world of Ethan, Vanessa, Gary and Rachel very quickly, and I so wanted everything to work out well for everyone! I loved the twists along the way, the flitting between London and Ireland (although the bulk of it was in Ireland, and in Rachel's bakery) and how easily Hill conveyed the emotions of 4 adults in one book. It was an absolute pleasure to read and I was annoyed to turn the final page as I know it means I have to wait another year for her next work! Superb!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit far fetched!, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
However, for a fun read that does not require too much concentration this is OK. Reading at Christmas might also help set the scene;- I read while sitting in the garden on my sun lounger so I probably did not get the full on Chistmassy bit!

4.0 out of 5 stars First Class Chick Lit, 12 July 2012
This is the first book I have read by Hill. It was fun and easy read. The writing style kept the pages turning with (mainly) likeable main characters. It was like a modern fairy tale in part although perhaps not as predictable.

The story starts in New York at Christmas when a good deed leads to a mix up in presents from Tiffanys (no more plot spoilers :-))Read the book so you can findout more.

I will be on the look out for more books by Hill. This book is well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars When a blue Tiffany's bag provides surprises, 12 Feb 2012
Sharon (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
Picture the scene, you're exchanging gifts with the woman you were planning to propose to and instead of her looking at the expensive ring that you had picked out for her, she is instead looking at the charm bracelet that Gary had purchased for his girlfriend Rachel.

Ethan realises that the mix-up happened when he and daughter Daisy were good samaritan's and helped out when Gary was knocked down by a taxi. He realises that in the aftermath the bags must have been switched so he tries to make contact with Gary to arrange to swap back.

Meanwhile, Gary's girlfriend finds the Tiffany's bag whilst he is in hospital and couldn't resist peeking and after seeing the ring she thinks he's going to propose. When he's released they exchange gifts and he's shocked into proposing to Rachel when he sees the ring. He decides not to look a gift horse in the mouth and decides that although he hadn't planned on proposing he could do worse. At this stage of the book I could really have swung for Gary as he certainly comes across as a bit of a jack the lad. Meanwhile, Rachel seems like the put upon girlfriend which I did struggle somewhat to relate to especially as she is described as being someone who is a sucessful Bistro owner.

The rest of the book deals with Ethan trying to contact Gary to arrange for a swap back of the gifts especially as daughter Daisy is blaming herself as she was the one holding the bag in the first place.

So will Gary own up to Rachel and give the ring back to Ethan and will they stay together afterwards?, does Ethan finally propose to his girlfriend Vanessa with the ring?, you'll have to read it for yourself to find out what happens next ...

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD READ, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
I HAVE READ MANY BOOKS WHERE THE STORYLINE IS BUILT AROUND TIFFANY'S - THIS IS YET ANOTHER GOOD READ, WITH UNUSUAL CONTENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something fabulous!, 29 April 2013
I absolutely loved this book. It didn't end like I thought it would but I thought the ending was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab,fab,fab, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
melissa hill does not disappoint at all. This is just another example of how brilliant this woman is. just buy and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read!, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
I read this book over the Christmas period and it is now a firm favourite of mine, having read hundreds and hundreds of books. It is not so deep and detailed that you get bored and the writer writes in a very light-hearted and enjoyable tone. You grow to love Ethan who only wants the very best for his daughter. It is refreshing to read about a realistic warm-hearted man instead of the usual bed-hopper living in a penthouse batchelor pad.
I will definitely be reading this book again next Christmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Girlie Read, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
I did really love this story it was a quick read. There were some parts of this story that were predictable and then others that totally weren't, very enjoyable i would recommend :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the reviews put you off!, 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Something from Tiffany's (Paperback)
I love nothing more than a good book, and this is a book I would recommend!
It was one of the first ones I got for my kindle and I eventually picked it back up again yesterday and finished it in the same day.
After first starting the book I happened to look at the reviews on here and started to wonder if I had wasted both my time and money bothering with this book. But after exhausting everything on my kindle I decided to pick it back up again and i'm so pleased I did! Once I got back into it I couldnt put it down and I was desperate to know how it was all going to work out in the end!
A lovely rom com with a happy ending, a few sad times but overall a great read!
I will definatel be buying some more of Melissa Hill's book for my kindle!

ARRAY(0xa4a3b6fc)

Something from Tiffany's
Something from Tiffany's by Melissa Hill (Paperback - 27 Oct 2011)
5.59