4.0 out of 5 stars good read
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by fobabe

(I copied this review from my review for Aisling series by this author ... 'Cause they are identical in their idioticness.)

I saw a recommendation on goodread website that this series and this author write funny paranormal fiction books.

Published 15 months ago by Terresa

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Love in the Time of Dragons (Paperback)
Good story , a bit confusing at first but becomes clearer as you read on.Def worth buying if you like strong characters ,wonderful romantic,sexy, gorgeous men and are also noble,majestic dragons who would kill to protect you and do anything to win you.(sigh)It also shows how stubborn and macho the male specis are and that it takes a woman (or women/dragons) to bring them to their senses.This book has it all, sex, love, lust,treachery,jealousy,revenge and weird dragon politics. Leaves you hungry for the sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun with hunky dragons!, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Love in the Time of Dragons (Paperback)
This book was just FUN! So many laugh out loud moments, a surprisingly detailed plot and excellent writing style. I particularly appreciated the way the author handled the back-and-forth in time/memories aspect. And Baltic sounded rather yummy. I loved it muchly and look forward to the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, 10 Jan. 2012
This book - love in the time of dragons - was the first of the series I've read. It was obvious when I started reading that I was basiclly in the 'middle' of the whole story. Going back over the titles the author has, I can see I should have read (at least) the silver dragon series first.
In spite of that, this book can be read as a stand alone.
MacAlister's humor shines brightly in this book. it's her humor that has drawn me back over and over to her works. I can't seem to get enough of them, and I suspect I'll end up with all of them.
Ysolde, the main, has had her memory blocked, so we as the reader discover the plot along with her, in her 'dreams'. She has forgotten she is a dragon, although others haven't. She's feisty in human form - and scale it up when the dragon inside get a claw in.
Baltic is a bad boy dragon that you just want to cuddle up to. Hes a 'regency lord' on steroids. But he retains enough little boy that he's a very indearing character.
There is a lot more to Ysolde's son, Brom, that is shown. I hope the little guy gets his own book, when he 'grows up'.
Effrajim, a demon in dog form, is a supporting character, and probably my favorite. Mix demon, dog and inteligence and you have a great supporting character.
The switching between past and present is confusing only in the beginning, you soon get used to it, and realize the story is just as much about the past, as it is the present.
I would recommend this book to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down! sexy and fun !, 14 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Love in the Time of Dragons (Paperback)
Discovered this in the library but read it in one day as it was so good I couldnt put it down.

A sexy romp with an unusual story-line. Bored of vampire stuff? I love this dragon story-line, different and really fun to read.

Frankly - I cant wait for the next one to arrive now, am addicted.

And Baltic..... ooooo yum yum ! Now there is a reason to go to bed early and read a book. Might have to get the other books by this author now if they are all as good as this one.

Dragons are the new vampires !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, almost as good as the Aisling novels. You'll LOL your way thru!, 21 Oct. 2010
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Love in the Time of Dragons (Paperback)
I loved the 5* Aisling Gray novels that introduced KMac's world dragons, wyverns, mages et al, and was really disappointed when it ended, though Aisling and Drake got their HEA and more, and so way pleased when the Silver Dragons trilogy came out, though that was 4* in comparison, so I was really pleased to find the series continuing. The hero in this tale is in fact an anti-hero, Baltic, who was the baddie in the previous novels, but you know what, talented author that KMac is, she made him out to be a total hero, a hottie and a lover, making this book for me, 5* too.

It's a tale about love in the dark ages, tragedy, death, reincarnation, immortal love, drama, lots of humour in both situations and dialogue, some VERY hot sex (I think KMac's been reading erotica!) and a really decent tale. We also get to see the characters from the previous connected novels living their HEA - Aisling and Drake have twins, May and Gabriel are mated, semi-hero Kostya is mated to Cyrene, May's sister, we see good old Effrajim who is really, really in form in this novel (wasn't so much so in the Silver Dragon series).

The good news is that whilst Baltic and Ysolde, his reincarnated love, find each other in this tale, and their memories of their previous lives together mesh with their present-day lives, in the next tale, due out in May 2011, we get to see more of their 2010 lives and all the trials and tribulations they face with the rest of the dragons and magic. Can't wait!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this author, 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Love in the Time of Dragons (Paperback)
Katie MacAlister is a master of writing books that are light, funny and entertaining - can't wait for the next one in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!, 19 Jun. 2012
Ms. L. A. M. Owen "Law" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
Well written, action packed, romantic and funny, what else could you want from a book. Baltic is hot an Ysolde is funny.

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG! Can't get more idiotic than this book, any book by this author!, 31 Mar. 2014

I can't fault the writing style. Just everything else! I can deal with ditzy characters. I can tolerate bad grammar. I can grimly read through complex, confusing plots or no plots at all. What I cannot do is read about idiotic characters, stupid plots and a book with no beginning, middle or end ... Just full of blah blah blah in a loop!

This book is full of idiots, stupid to no plots and full of blah blah loops. I can't get pass the first chapter. Randomly skimmed through to see if there are any saving grace ... Even a tiny paragraph ... There was none. My head hurts from the idioticness of the whole thing. I had to return all the books I bought by this author. If there's a rating for -10 I'd give it to this series and to this author.

I've read some bad books, some boring books, some confusing books, some bland books, a lot of great to fantastic books, but I have never encountered an idiotic book until now.

I bought two series from this author in anticipation of a good read. Within hours I've returned them all pretty much unread.

Definitely not worth even a toe dipping, a taster or a quick peak. Even two second on the books by this author is a waste of time.

I've never been so harsh in my reviews before. But it's so bad I had to let other readers know.

Love in the Time of Dragons
Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister (Paperback - 14 Oct. 2010)