on 9 March 2014
The product is a perfect, comprehensive and generally efficient method of acquiring the information required for the GCSE. Usually, the CGP company is an excellent brand as the generally bland and unnecessarily flowered data is condensed into something more easily accessible by GCSE students. This trend however has been broken through simply going too far - the CGP version of GCSE History - a guide I purchased previously - contains the bare minimum for a literal and extremely simplistic grasp of the subject. This guide however seems to contrast CGP in this area, in the sense of its ability to express the material in an interesting and perfectly articulated manner yet retaining the simplicity of writing that revision simply demands.

In consideration of this, the guide is a perfect book for any student of history, with more than enough sophistication and general attractiveness to allow achievement of an A*. Though reputation is commonly an effective means of decision making, in this case, the Ben Walsh guide has outshined the largely popular CGP counterpart in almost every aspect - only a few of which I have named here. Remember, reputation isn't everything, and this situation is a perfect example. What? You're still reading this stupid old review? Go out there are buy it! Go on!

- C. J. Evans, author of 'Black' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-conscience-C-J-Evans-ebook/dp/B00M5LJ846).
on 22 May 2014
Good book, reasonably well laid out with a good selection of revision activities. More depth would be helpful in some Cold War areas though. This and the occasionally cluttered layout are the only letdowns.
on 6 May 2015
This guide is great. Others have said that it does not go into enough detail. Revision guides are not meant to, they are all designed to be used with our exercise books. This has more than enough in, and, if you need more detail, simply use the big textbook that everyone on this course has. It also has loads and loads of tips and activities in.

It is much better than any other revision guide I have ever used, I thoroughly recommend.
on 25 May 2014
This was good for revision for paper 1 this year, it helped me a lot. I revised from this book for my paper 2 exam. It only has 12 pages in chapter 13 (which is the unit that my paper 2 was based on). I made sure that I rembered every detail on these pages. However, my exam was about Mods and Rockers which was not even mentioned in this revision guide. Mods and Rockers were talked about in the full Ben Walsh book but didn't come up once in this revision guide. Therefore I went into the exam with no contextual knowledge for the exam. Very disappointing. I am not sure how he could omit so many details from this revision guide.
on 14 December 2014
speedy delivery
excellent product
as described
on 29 August 2013
Provides an OK summary but there are a few details that are ignored so what I did was use this as well as the bigger version- got me an A*

Good read the night before the exam!
on 6 January 2016
I bought this for my 16 year old daughter who has the spectre of GCSE's looming this year, This book will I hope help her achieve a good pass rate.
Basically a topic is taken, and summarised, in to sections with bullet points and short paragrahs, giving all the important points in a few short paragraphs. Of course, the proof of the pudding will be in August when the results are released, but this book was recommended by her history teacher, so I assume they have proved their value!
on 17 March 2012
I purchased this for my son who has just started his Y10 GCSE History course, it was recommended by his teacher. He says that it covers all the relevant topics and is easily digestible.
on 13 May 2014
I ordered this book for my daughter, it is a very good book and I recommend it to anyone doing GCSE.
on 12 December 2014
Prompt delivery and a very good revision book recommended by school firmly daughters exams