Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2013
This book is very informative and interesting. Our son is currently in Year 10 and this book was recommended by his teacher. It is the book they are using during lessons. The structure and variety of sources makes it very interesting, even if you are not a GCSE student!!
on 28 January 2014
Brilliant! Couldnt of made it through my history GCSE's without it! Written clearly and easy to read and understand! thanks!
on 21 October 2012
The book is recommended by the school to support you in your studies and to help revision. Good format and easy to read.
on 15 December 2013
a great book well set out and full of the right information, ideal for revising as well as general interest reading
on 11 June 2015
Bought for my grandson who is taking A Levels. He was pleased with it..
on 20 December 2015
one the best you can ever find, I used this in school there is over 500 pages ! best thing for revision if you by this you are guaranteed a A* A B at least in gcse. You wont find this anywhere else.This has helped my in revision, SA's, coursework and class work !... please by this.
on 1 March 2013
An excellent and quick point of reference to supplement the BBC 'World at War' documentary series. Clear, concise, with just the right amount of detail.
on 23 August 2015
Bought as part of my sons GCSE course, excellent book even I enjoyed reading it, it's super clear and easy to understand.
on 11 July 2012
This is an outstanding book, which contains excellent detailed text with a really good range of sources around each subject area which are useful in both class and for homework. I have also had many parents of students say how much they have enjoyed reading it. The only reason it is not 5* is its size, whilst I appreciate a generic textbook will have to cover the whole syllabus it would be really helpful to be able to purchase a reduced version more tailored to areas that may be covered in a particular school (although I understand that it may be impossible to do so). In a world of education where I fear we ask less and less of our young people in terms of personal responsibility and literacy this book can combat that trend but its size is invariably used as an excuse for not bringing it.
on 23 April 2016
Great book, really useful for my daughter as a revision tool