4.0 out of 5 stars FIction - not systematic Theolgy
It is a controversial book in a lot of ways, particularly in its depiction of God the Father appearing to Mack (the central character) as a black African-American woman.

"The Shack" is endorsed by leading evangelicals, including Eugene Peterson (The Message) and Michael W. Smith from the USA and the evangelist J. John in the UK. Equally, it has been derided as...
Published on 3 Dec 2008 by M. Erwin

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-hyped
by the Yanks surely not. I found this to be quite a charming 'fantasy' novel - nothing more. Pleasant enough but not life changing!! The concept of who or what was in the shack was surprising but cleverly thought out. I am trying not to be too specific in case I give anything away. Read this book by all means, you will enjoy it but I doubt it will make your life any...
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by M. Wainwright

‹ Previous | 187 88 8995 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars What is all the fuss about, 2 Jan 2009
D. Beattie (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shack (Audio CD)
Sorry to say this but I found this book to be very boring. I am telling m friends not to bother getting it

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy!, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy,don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy, don't buy!

I can't stress this enough DON'T BUY! It was the worst book I have ever read in my life!!!! Truly awful. It really does not have a story behind it, it's just religious stuff, but to be honest it's boring religious stuff, buy the Bible, much more entertaining!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in years., 25 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Loved it! Liked It! want someone to make a blockbuster movie of it!
A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 13 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
The Shack is easy to read and even though it is fiction the tragidy in it's pages is all to common so it draws you in to this man experience. I really enjoyed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Shack (Audio CD)
I was very pleased with the CD book. It was very good value for money, and delivery was quick. If you have not read the book or listened to the CD, then I would highly recommend it. Gets you thinking!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely a must read, 6 Jan 2010
Mrs. Lisa Dunkley "Lisa D" (Portsmouth uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
If your going to pick up a book and feel like its glued to your hsnds this one truely sticks. Its a heart warming and eye opening look at God and how his miracles are simply the way they are! It is a little contraversial but is an outstanding read and could well change many opinions, or at least make you think differently about the holy spirit. Read it and find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shack, 11 Dec 2009
L. Daniel (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, but i did think that it was a bit "gooey" in some places. I find the author's portrayal of the Holy Trinity in the story, very appealing.

5.0 out of 5 stars God is not about Religion. By an Atheist, 28 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Well now, there are 5 star reviews and there are 1 star reviews, and you know what? They're all right (not that I've read all of the 300 odd reviews!). The Shack is not a work of literary genius and it isn't theologically sound BUT it hits the mark and that is why some, like me, award 5 stars. Those who it misses award 1 star and actually the reason for this is in the book! Words are often damaging and hurtful, but they can also offer comfort and healing - the latter is what I feel The Shack offers. It delivers it message gracefully and I am deeply grateful for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXTRAORDINARY BOOK, 25 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
I was feeling cynical as I started reading but found it so moving that i have now read it three times; the description of divine love is highly evocative and inspiring, and renewing of faith. This is a transforming creation

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to have all your pre-conceptions blown away!, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
Don't read the introduction - its boring and almost put me off reading the book. Start on chapter 1 and you will find a story which beggars belief. For me the book covers two major themes, suffering and relationships. I've spoken to several people who have read the book and it has stimulated interesting discussions and polarises opinion.

I don't want to give too much away about the story and spoil it for potential readers. I recommended it to friends, in fact I bought extra copies to give away. I don't so that very often.

‹ Previous | 187 88 8995 | Next ›

The Shack
The Shack by Wm Paul Young (Paperback - 17 July 2008)
7.19