5.0 out of 5 stars Renegade
A very good read. I thoroughly enjoyed this second book in the the Bruce trilogy.
What I particularly like is the objectiveness with which Robyn Young approaches her subject. What we dont get is the Braveheart approach - heroic Scottish and evil English. What we do get is fact and fiction seamlessly inter woven to produce a great book with a balanced approach. I...
Published 22 months ago by M. J. Brookbank

3.0 out of 5 stars Too drawn out
although I found the first trilogy captivating this series has so far let me down with none of the tension produced in the first
Published 19 months ago by mariner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not in a position to reveiw, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Renegade (Insurrection Trilogy) (Hardcover)
This was purchased as a Christmas present so I am not in a position to review it. It would help if Amazon noted items which were purchased from other people,s wish list so that they would not waste time on asking for reviews when the item is not for the purchaser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Renegade, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Renegade (Insurrection Trilogy) (Hardcover)
As ussual Robyn Young writes a freat story with an accurate historical background. I am looking forward to her next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 Nov 2013
I enjoyed this book, detail is good but a couple of historical errors and I can not see why there was a need to alter historical fact. I will certainly be reading the third book

4.0 out of 5 stars Renegade, 1 Nov 2013
I enjoyed this book, although I found it necessary to have a history of Scotland on hand to check family trees and actual events. I do wonder why it was necessary to have this history of Robert The Bruce cut into three books, Although it would have made a heavy tome I would have preferred to have the whole story in one bite. By the time the third book of the trilogy is out I will probably have forgotten the details of the previous two. In hind sight I would recommend that readers wait for all three books and read them consecutively

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical Fiction at its best, 26 Oct 2013
I have really enjoyed the first 2 books by the author. They have both followed historical events (as far as I am personally knowledgeable) very well !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, enjoyable to the lady page, 22 Oct 2013
Great read, always intrigued by the story of Robert Bruce and Edward Longshanks. Nice to see that Robert is the main character and author avoids spilling too much into the William Wallace story. Fascinated by the warring family factions in Scottish history. Great read. Can't wait for the final instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic sequel, 6 Oct 2013
This was a fantastic sequel to Insurrection and a worthy chronicle of the life of Robert Bruce in the run up to becoming King.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert the Bruce part2, 12 Sep 2013
Having read Insurrection and other books by Robyn Young, it goes without saying that I would read Renegade.

The way fiction is blended with historical happenings makes for a very enjoyable and informative read.

I can't wait for part 3.

4.0 out of 5 stars Renegade, 8 Sep 2013
I never thought I'd get into historical novels but I bought into the characters while reading the first book and this one is just as gripping! I found myself constantly rooting for Robert the Bruce and I'm a confirmed Englishman ! It also encouraged me to look up the real history. Fascinating stuff, both the novel and reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars How long for the next !, 8 Sep 2013
Again Robyn Young takes the reader back to a time in our history and spins a gripping tale round the events of the time!
This trilogy is as good, and in some ways better that the crusade trilogy and I never thought I would ever say that!.
I would highly recommend this book and can't wait for the final book...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

Renegade (Insurrection Trilogy)
Renegade (Insurrection Trilogy) by Robyn Young (Hardcover - 30 Aug 2012)
10.00