5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Exception That Actually Delivers
Published on 14 April 2007 by Dr. Mario E. Martinez

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy Paperback version with audio CD included for free instead!
Its an excellent book but the paperback version comes with a free audio CD too.

On the CD Michael Losier uses techniwues borrowed from his NLP practise to further imbed the mnessage of his book in the listners mind.

Highly recommended
Published on 28 July 2007 by Tony Peters

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Exception That Actually Delivers, 14 April 2007
Unlike many of the "feel good" books that uplift your spirits with hope to ultimately bring you down with simplistic claims that do not work, Michael Losier's "Law of Attraction" provides practical methods that can be tested for their validity. As a clinical psychologist I specialize in how cultural beliefs affect the immune system. Consequently, I am profoundly aware of how our thinking can influence our wellness, but more importantly, how beliefs are resistant to change because of our fear of joy. With a background in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP), Michael Losier takes these resistances into account when he offers solutions to change our deprivation mentality. Based on my clinical experience, I can go a step further and argue that, in addition to the suggestions made in "Law of Attraction", when a person begins to see positive results based on their new approach to challenges, there is an empowering effect that enhances immune function and wellness.

I strongly recommend this book for those who are ready to give up beliefs and behaviors that do not serve them well. "Law of Attraction" is an excellent tool for positive change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and dynamic, 1 April 2007
THE LAW OF ATTRACTION by Michael Losier shows how to use the law of attraction and how to establish a firm foundation in creating change in our life. He adds that most people are good at declaring what they don't want but have difficulty saying what they want. So Losier breaks down the process of change into three easy steps as follow:

Step One: Write down every thing that you don't want, such as, "Not buying things because I can't afford them", "Upset customers or co-workers" and whatever else you don't want.

Step Two: Write down everything you do want. Your first list can be helpful with this stage. So for me this included "Money to buy what I want", "Friendly customers and co-workers" and more.

Step Three: Allow your want and this includes eliminating all doubts from your thinking that could block your goals.

Michael empowers you to change your life through an easy approach and offers clear explaination on how to achieve your desires. This book is an easy read with clear guidelines.

Michael Losier is an N.L.P. Practitioner and Coach on Law of Attraction from Victoria, Canada. He gives in-person Law of Attraction seminars in Victoria and teleseminars to wider audiences, so he knows what he's talking about.

I believe positive thinking approach offered in this book and other similar books is helpful to assist individuals overcome hopelessness. I would only caution that instead of blame, a reader trying this approach have an open attitude - kind of like seeing where this will take you. Many laws operate in life besides the law of attraction, so being hard on yourself is counterproductive. Yet it is important for us to try to create positive change in our life with an affirming mental attitude.

Another book that I very much enjoyed reading is NEXUS: A NEO NOVEL, since it offered a unique journey into love, empathy & compassion. I believe compassion is an important law that needs to guide our daily life along with positive thoughts in order to create a better life for ourselves and everyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Defining the power of goal setting, 17 Nov. 2008
Great read which defines how to set goals properly and how to think about goal setting.
Good examples-a must for those who want to set and achieve goals the proper way

5.0 out of 5 stars There is something you know but you may not know you know it, 15 Sept. 2008
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As you go through life the secret of the Universal Law of Attraction (LOA)may be hiding in plain sight, until it tumbles into your awareness as it did into mine about two years ago.

In my case the Huna Philosophy, with its seven principles, including the world is what you think it is, and Energy Flows where attention goes opened the door. The Law of Attraction nestles within the teachings of wisdom masters such as the Buddha -All that we are arises from all that we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. With our thoughts we make the world.

Then there is Mark 11:24. Whatever ye desire, ask for it, believe that ye have it, and it shall be yours. The book and movie The Secret uses the Ask, Believe, Receive concept, though without acknowledging its not so secret origin. Imagine you already have it. Imagination, feelings, decisions/actions = results.

This book gets my highest recommendation as the most user friendly book I have read on the topic. You can read this book in hours. The book contains easy to complete worksheets, so you can apply the principles immediately, whether it is to relationships, wealth, career.

In addition, the author is an NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) practitioner, so he demonstrates excellently how to change emotional states from negative to positive, simply by asking a question. Negative states and thoughts are not resourceful in consciously using the Law of Attraction.

Have you ever noticed that you seem to attract similar relationships? He explains how to stop continually attracting relationships we do not want, and get what we want instead. Its amazingly simple, and had me going duh, because until I read this book I made this very common mistake. No other book I have read covers this issue, and it is so important.

Furthermore he demonstrates common limiting beliefs, how to overcome limiting beliefs and resistance, to assist in the allowing process.

Like attracts like, and feelings are important, so if you feel bad, you attract bad situations, and feeling good attracts more good. So, it is important to feel good about whatever you wish to attract into your life, otherwise it will not manifest.

This book is remarkably consistent with the movie, and book THE SECRET, yet is far more detailed on how to apply the principles. Other books I recommend are Ask and it is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks which uses the emotional guidance system, and Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier, and the works of Sanaya Roman, a metaphysical writer. If you want a spiritual book on the topic, check out Florence Scovel Shinn. LOA is definitely a must have book on this topic.

I hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your life - know the Law of Attraction, 29 July 2010
This review is from: Law of Attraction (Paperback)
This is an easy to understand, informative how to do book.
The exercises are helpful and the author explains that it is the emotions that you feel that will guide you to better things in your life. He advises you, when things are a bit bleak, to ask yourself "so what do I really want". Move to a better feeling thought - even if it is only slightly better it is going the right way. Change the way you are looking at a situation.
The Law of Attraction is always working whether we are conscious of it or not or whether we understand it or not so read this book and know that you can bring the things into your life that you truly want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Enjoyable Read, 3 May 2008
One night I sat down and starting reading the "Law of Attraction" by Michael J. Losier. It was fast reading and quite enjoyable. The exercises were not only fun I got a lot out of doing them.

I really liked the chapter called "Why Using Affirmations May Not Raise Your Vibration." In this chapter Losier let's us know that an affirmation is something that is spoken in the present tense and is used to declare a desire. He uses the example of saying "I have a happy, slender body". If this is not really the way you feel you are still sending out negative vibrations.

This brought to mind what Ariel & Shya Kane say in their book "How To Create a Magical Relationship" They helped me see that what one resists, will persist in their life and grow stronger. How this translates in the "weight example" is if a person resists not being slim, but wants to be, they will stay fat.

Losier says to state your affirmations (or what you want to have in your life) as a process. I tried this and it does feel good. In my case it was: "I am in the process of growing my business" and it has been growing! I also highly recommend the Kane's new book "Being Here Modern Day Tale of Enlightment"

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of Attraction, 9 Jun. 2010
Joanne Newton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Law of Attraction (Paperback)
I have read many books on the Law of Attraction and this book really simplifies that the law and the theories needed to bring your goals to you may work. I have not yet tried them, as I have only read it today, yet, already I feel that the methods that are contained in the book will be successful in ridding me of my resistance and negativity that I go through every day. It is very well set out and extremely easy to read - I read the whole book in one day and feel very motivated already, even though I have not tried, as of yet any of the recommendations

4.0 out of 5 stars Another book on the LOA, 11 Jan. 2013
Paul M (Havant, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Law of Attraction (Paperback)
There is so much information available now on the LOA both as books and as courses. However, this book is in a different style, simple to read and the exercises easy to follow. It covers the subject well. For me the usefulness of buying multiple books on a subject is to confirm what others have said and to pick up the odd bits of information missed by others. Therefore worth the price paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book If You Use The Advice, 9 Aug. 2006
Paul Smith "Paul Smith, Business Coach" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
I have read and studied and teach much about the law of attraction and related subjects. At last here is a book that introduces the subject to a wider audience. If you have read or tried to read books such As Think and Grow Rich (also excellent!) here is a book to move you in a direction to obtain that which you desire. Be patient and work on this everyday...
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of Attraction, 16 Oct. 2009
Ms. S. Hall "Sam Hall" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Law of Attraction (Paperback)
Loved this book and you will too, especially if you are a fan of Rhonda Byrne's 'The Secret'. Very similar book but simplified with worksheet (you can also download more free from the writer'Michael Losier's' website which is great!
I would even recommend this book to sceptic's as even if you do not believe some of the things that this book teaches it is still a great motivational read and the exercises kick start any goals you may want for the future!

Law of Attraction
Law of Attraction by Michael Losier (Paperback - 30 April 2009)