on 26 February 2008
I read this book during the first year of my Geography degree and can tell you that it was absolutely priceless. It was also referred to, though not as much during my second and third years. A really good book for an introduction to, as the title suggests, environmental issues.
on 20 December 2000
A great introduction to Geographical issues for the new century. The revised (1999) edition is an important source for anyone studying Geography at University level, and will add both breadth and depth to any course. Each chapter provides further references and a genuine and unbiased approach to global environmental problems.
on 5 September 2012
I bought this book as it was on my university reading list and it was definitely a worthwhile investment. I used it as a starting point for many of my essays an for exam revision; but it must be noted that this is very much an introduction. It is however, an excellent spring board for further reading as it is full of up to date references and some very interesting examples. Particularly important, I think, is that the book is presented in logical chapters seperating what is an infinitely complex earth system, with little bias or agenda. Recommended for students.
on 22 January 2001
Nick Middleton's Global Casino proved priceless for my A-Level work. It was useful as a secondary source for coursework in Environmental Issues which are becoming more and more of an issue in the modern age. It was also a good read which opened my eyes to the realities of our fragile planet. Well done Nick!
on 18 February 2016
Nick Middketon is a great writer & provides a really well structured text.
The book was in great condition & arrived really promptly.
on 4 July 2013
very helpful for first year university level geography, covering a wide range of topics great for general knowledge too. Glad I bought it.
on 10 April 2013
This book is useful for university students studying geography. I found it useful and it aided more than one of my modules.
on 6 February 2011
It is a good book for anyone who desire to have a general knowledge about environment and how things work.
on 18 May 2009
I found that this became invaluable for my international development course... my modules that included natural resource management were haevily linked to subjects in the book.

Although great background reading, i found that some information was not necessary and bits I found difficult weren't covered in great detail... swings and roundabouts!
on 26 July 2015