Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 September 2010
I actually took this book out of the library simply because it looked interesting and not because I was looking for books about divorce/separation. However, as a counsellor, I feel that I have stumbled upon a real find. This is a book that beautifully describes a child's wish to be able to put his parent's marriage back together along with the realisation that sometimes things don't always turn out the way we want them too. It also offers much reassurance to children in this postition as it goes onto talk about how the parents love for their child is neverending despite the fact that the love between them has dwindled and, as such, is very reassuring and sensitive to the worries of the child. All this is done in a very touching and quite moving way. Although it's a cliche I really could't recommend it highly enough!
on 7 October 2010
I'm currently going through a divorce and have 2 children. Trying to explain the situation to them, is at times difficult especially as at times its difficult for me to understand and answer questions that really have no answers! This book is simply brilliant.. It explains things in such an ideal way. The poetry is fantastic.. The art work amazing. I actually cried when I read it.. My children understood everything and it got us talking about everything that is going on... It reassures and talks about the things that children feel, worries and concerns them.. I'd recommend this to anyone who is in the same situation as us.. It's a must read.....
Thank you Kes Gray, simply brillant!
on 18 July 2015
What an honest story that tackles the difficult subject of separation. Reading this as an adult brought a tear to my eye. A definite must have for parents and children who are experiencing this life changing event.
on 4 April 2013
very well put together and lovely colourful illustrations. Able to have lots of discussion about the pictures and very useful for sharing with younger children
on 28 August 2011
a lovely book .Very useful in helping children understand about divorce .Nice illastrations and not too many words on each page it gets across an important message .
on 10 October 2013
Having recently separated from my children's father, I bought this book, and a couple of others, about parental separation for young children.

Both my kids (aged 4 and 6) found this book really sad. They didn't understand why the parents are never shown in the pictures and felt that the little boy was completely alone.

Although it says 'My parents may be broken, But their love for me is not.' I didn't like the line, later in the book 'But sometimes love gets damaged, Way beyond repair.'

We preferred 'Two of Everything' by Babette Cole, my kids found it much more positive and it was more suitable for their ages. The text of Mum and Dad Glue is really more appropriate for older kids although the illustrations and picture book format are not.
on 13 December 2010
I saw this book on bookaboo. Its a lovly story about mum and dad spitting up. It made me cry, but it puts the situation so well and would reassure any child, its also just a lovly story.
on 8 November 2013
A great little book, a novel approach and a very touching story. I bought it for my 3 year old, and the only downside is that I have as yet been unable to read it to him for fear of welling up myself. If your break up is still new and raw, I advise reading this through to yourself a number of times first.
on 15 June 2015
Great if your child is 5 years or older. My lo is 3. So she doesn't get the idea of trying to glue us back together and that separation is a 'bad' thing. Illustrations r good and the actual content is moving in parts.
on 9 October 2015
Not good at all, sad and did not re-assure my daughter in any way. I bought this book to help ease the situation a little, but it was sad and depressing. Divorce does not HAVE to be sad and depressing.