5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasticly Moving Book for Children Experiencing Parental Seperation/Divorce
I actually took this book out of the library simply because it looked interesting and not because I was looking for books about divorce/separation. However, as a counsellor, I feel that I have stumbled upon a real find. This is a book that beautifully describes a child's wish to be able to put his parent's marriage back together along with the realisation that sometimes...
Published on 17 Sep 2010 by S. McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures
Not really that understandable for a four year old but good pictures and may be more of an engaging read for a bit older child
Published 21 months ago by mickeyroo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Just what we needed to help us through a tough patch, children Dad and grandparents. Helped a little boy to understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, 7 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful book, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
bought for a friend and they loved it found it very helpful for their situation as their daughter loved the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Bril book with beautiful message, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
This is a beautiful book, that has truely helped us as a family discuss the issue of loss and saddness, with a positive message of moving on and understanding that families come in different shapes and sizes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 5 & 6 year old boys to help them understand why relationships break down. Although this book is aimed at 'divorced parents' and so doesn't actually apply in my case as their father & I never married, with the use of a white-out pen it was/is pretty easy to 'amend' to suit those parents who split but were not married. I think it's a good book and my boys definitely 'get' it. Would recommend buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult subject handled brilliantly for children, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Hardcover)
In this beatifully illustrated story Mum and Dad's love for each other is broken and the search is on for glue to fix it.
This book puts separation and divorce in a refreshingly optomistic context that children will be reassured to understand.
I saw this book on 'Bookaboo' and like him was ready to rock afterwards! I have 3 children and I am currently separated, so purchased this and shared it with my two youngest. They now speak confidently and more openly about the current situation, and understand more about why things are this way.
Thank you Kes Gray and Bookaboo for the opportunity to clear some of my childrens confusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any child with "broken" parents, 18 May 2011
Mrs. Kate Crosby "k8crosby" (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
My son is a six year old aspergers child, and really struggles with his emotions. My recent split with his dad has been particularly tough for him, but this book has helped him talk properly about his feelings for the first time. I cannot thank the authors enough, or recommend this book highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars saddest book ever, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I've just read this to my son (5) and his friend (7). Both of them are children of divorced or divorcing parents. I thought the story of a boy trying to buy glue to put his parents back together was possibly the saddest thing I'd ever read, but they thought it was quite funny. To be honest it didn't get them talking much about feelings, but overall a decent read that normalises the feelings kids of separating parents are going through - if the adult can stop themselves sobbing when they read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good book for divorce not separation, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I bought this book to help my daughter understand why me and her dad arnt together anymore however i was never married so this book is more focused on divorce rather than separation. If the words marrige was never used then i would of kept the book as its really good but im going to return it cos its no good for my situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mum and Dad Glue, 10 Oct 2013
D. Howat (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Having recently separated from my children's father, I bought this book, and a couple of others, about parental separation for young children.

Both my kids (aged 4 and 6) found this book really sad. They didn't understand why the parents are never shown in the pictures and felt that the little boy was completely alone.

Although it says 'My parents may be broken, But their love for me is not.' I didn't like the line, later in the book 'But sometimes love gets damaged, Way beyond repair.'

We preferred 'Two of Everything' by Babette Cole, my kids found it much more positive and it was more suitable for their ages. The text of Mum and Dad Glue is really more appropriate for older kids although the illustrations and picture book format are not.

Mum and Dad Glue
Mum and Dad Glue by Kes Gray (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)