5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasticly Moving Book for Children Experiencing Parental Seperation/Divorce
I actually took this book out of the library simply because it looked interesting and not because I was looking for books about divorce/separation. However, as a counsellor, I feel that I have stumbled upon a real find. This is a book that beautifully describes a child's wish to be able to put his parent's marriage back together along with the realisation that sometimes...
Published on 17 Sept. 2010 by S. McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures
Not really that understandable for a four year old but good pictures and may be more of an engaging read for a bit older child
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by mickeyroo

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars their love for me is not" and the parent of the ..., 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Fab book - the only sensitive bit is when it says "my mom and dad are broken, their love for me is not" and the parent of the person I gifted it to took offence! Had it said "Their marriange may be broken, their love for me is not" it would have been more universal - otherwise a fabulous book I saw on bookaboo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
In a very gentle way tackles the issue of blame, helps recongnise those feelings of uncertainty for the future emphaising that mum and dad still love you but things can't always be mended. Also that life maybe different from now on but not necessarily bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I loved this book it really is very well & cleverly written . I bought this book to read to my 2 year old after breaking up the her dad & i think this is great book for kids who's parents are splitting up i would definitely recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult subject handled brilliantly for children, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Hardcover)
In this beatifully illustrated story Mum and Dad's love for each other is broken and the search is on for glue to fix it.
This book puts separation and divorce in a refreshingly optomistic context that children will be reassured to understand.
I saw this book on 'Bookaboo' and like him was ready to rock afterwards! I have 3 children and I am currently separated, so purchased this and shared it with my two youngest. They now speak confidently and more openly about the current situation, and understand more about why things are this way.
Thank you Kes Gray and Bookaboo for the opportunity to clear some of my childrens confusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Myself and my children have found this book a lovely read. It has helped my children understand a little about seperation. It's beautifully written. A must if your struggling to help your children understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bril book with beautiful message, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
This is a beautiful book, that has truely helped us as a family discuss the issue of loss and saddness, with a positive message of moving on and understanding that families come in different shapes and sizes

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any child with "broken" parents, 18 May 2011
Mrs. Kate Crosby "k8crosby" (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
My son is a six year old aspergers child, and really struggles with his emotions. My recent split with his dad has been particularly tough for him, but this book has helped him talk properly about his feelings for the first time. I cannot thank the authors enough, or recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Thanks very much, it is exactly what I needed. Delivery was swift and so it received it in good time :) My class loved this, almost made me cry too, such a lovely approach to the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars saddest book ever, 17 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I've just read this to my son (5) and his friend (7). Both of them are children of divorced or divorcing parents. I thought the story of a boy trying to buy glue to put his parents back together was possibly the saddest thing I'd ever read, but they thought it was quite funny. To be honest it didn't get them talking much about feelings, but overall a decent read that normalises the feelings kids of separating parents are going through - if the adult can stop themselves sobbing when they read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for a teacher, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Very thoughtful and creative way of explaining the emotions that come alongside divorce to children. This story even opened my eyes and gave me things to think about.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Mum and Dad Glue
Mum and Dad Glue by Kes Gray (Paperback - 7 Oct. 2010)