Published on 17 Sep 2010 by S. McCall

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures
Not really that understandable for a four year old but good pictures and may be more of an engaging read for a bit older child
Published on 7 Dec 2012 by mickeyroo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasticly Moving Book for Children Experiencing Parental Seperation/Divorce, 17 Sep 2010
S. McCall (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Hardcover)
I actually took this book out of the library simply because it looked interesting and not because I was looking for books about divorce/separation. However, as a counsellor, I feel that I have stumbled upon a real find. This is a book that beautifully describes a child's wish to be able to put his parent's marriage back together along with the realisation that sometimes things don't always turn out the way we want them too. It also offers much reassurance to children in this postition as it goes onto talk about how the parents love for their child is neverending despite the fact that the love between them has dwindled and, as such, is very reassuring and sensitive to the worries of the child. All this is done in a very touching and quite moving way. Although it's a cliche I really could't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum and Dad Glue... Simply Brilliant!!!, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I'm currently going through a divorce and have 2 children. Trying to explain the situation to them, is at times difficult especially as at times its difficult for me to understand and answer questions that really have no answers! This book is simply brilliant.. It explains things in such an ideal way. The poetry is fantastic.. The art work amazing. I actually cried when I read it.. My children understood everything and it got us talking about everything that is going on... It reassures and talks about the things that children feel, worries and concerns them.. I'd recommend this to anyone who is in the same situation as us.. It's a must read.....
Thank you Kes Gray, simply brillant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, hard to read without tears!, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
A great little book, a novel approach and a very touching story. I bought it for my 3 year old, and the only downside is that I have as yet been unable to read it to him for fear of welling up myself. If your break up is still new and raw, I advise reading this through to yourself a number of times first.

5.0 out of 5 stars for younger children, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
very well put together and lovely colourful illustrations. Able to have lots of discussion about the pictures and very useful for sharing with younger children

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
a lovely book .Very useful in helping children understand about divorce .Nice illastrations and not too many words on each page it gets across an important message .

5.0 out of 5 stars I didnt know what it was about I literally grabbed it because the cover looked good and it sounded like a funny story, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I grabbed this book as our last borrow on the way out of the library, I didnt know what it was about I literally grabbed it because the cover looked good and it sounded like a funny story. I had no idea what to expect when I opened the pages but on this occasion I am glad I judged a book by its cover.

Florence is only just three but already at pre-school she knows children who's mummies and daddies dont live together so this actually is nice for her too. It answers some questions that I am sure children ask each other in the playground.

I am still with her dad but This book is still great for showing her that every family is not the same. I loved it and thought it was very well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I saw this book on bookaboo. Its a lovly story about mum and dad spitting up. It made me cry, but it puts the situation so well and would reassure any child, its also just a lovly story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 27 July 2011
S. Taylor (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I bought this for my 9-year old grand-daughter whose parents have recently separated. She loved it - was obviously amused by it, enjoyed the fact that she could read it herself, and quickly realised it was relevant to her situation. A good choice for younger chldren, too, as it is a book to be shared. It encouraged my grand-daughter to talk about her feelings, which must be a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Perfect book for young people who's parents separate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for a teacher, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
Very thoughtful and creative way of explaining the emotions that come alongside divorce to children. This story even opened my eyes and gave me things to think about.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mum and Dad Glue
Mum and Dad Glue by Kes Gray (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)