Published on 17 Sep 2010 by S. McCall

1.0 out of 5 stars Mum and Dad Glue
Having recently separated from my children's father, I bought this book, and a couple of others, about parental separation for young children.

Both my kids (aged 4 and 6) found this book really sad. They didn't understand why the parents are never shown in the pictures and felt that the little boy was completely alone.

Although it says 'My parents...
Published 9 months ago by D. Howat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasticly Moving Book for Children Experiencing Parental Seperation/Divorce, 17 Sep 2010
S. McCall (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Hardcover)
I actually took this book out of the library simply because it looked interesting and not because I was looking for books about divorce/separation. However, as a counsellor, I feel that I have stumbled upon a real find. This is a book that beautifully describes a child's wish to be able to put his parent's marriage back together along with the realisation that sometimes things don't always turn out the way we want them too. It also offers much reassurance to children in this postition as it goes onto talk about how the parents love for their child is neverending despite the fact that the love between them has dwindled and, as such, is very reassuring and sensitive to the worries of the child. All this is done in a very touching and quite moving way. Although it's a cliche I really could't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum and Dad Glue... Simply Brilliant!!!, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I'm currently going through a divorce and have 2 children. Trying to explain the situation to them, is at times difficult especially as at times its difficult for me to understand and answer questions that really have no answers! This book is simply brilliant.. It explains things in such an ideal way. The poetry is fantastic.. The art work amazing. I actually cried when I read it.. My children understood everything and it got us talking about everything that is going on... It reassures and talks about the things that children feel, worries and concerns them.. I'd recommend this to anyone who is in the same situation as us.. It's a must read.....
Thank you Kes Gray, simply brillant!

5.0 out of 5 stars for younger children, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
very well put together and lovely colourful illustrations. Able to have lots of discussion about the pictures and very useful for sharing with younger children

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
a lovely book .Very useful in helping children understand about divorce .Nice illastrations and not too many words on each page it gets across an important message .

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult subject handled brilliantly for children, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Hardcover)
In this beatifully illustrated story Mum and Dad's love for each other is broken and the search is on for glue to fix it.
This book puts separation and divorce in a refreshingly optomistic context that children will be reassured to understand.
I saw this book on 'Bookaboo' and like him was ready to rock afterwards! I have 3 children and I am currently separated, so purchased this and shared it with my two youngest. They now speak confidently and more openly about the current situation, and understand more about why things are this way.
Thank you Kes Gray and Bookaboo for the opportunity to clear some of my childrens confusion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mum and Dad Glue, 10 Oct 2013
D. Howat (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)

Although it says 'My parents may be broken, But their love for me is not.' I didn't like the line, later in the book 'But sometimes love gets damaged, Way beyond repair.'

We preferred 'Two of Everything' by Babette Cole, my kids found it much more positive and it was more suitable for their ages. The text of Mum and Dad Glue is really more appropriate for older kids although the illustrations and picture book format are not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any child with "broken" parents, 18 May 2011
Mrs. Kate Crosby "k8crosby" (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
My son is a six year old aspergers child, and really struggles with his emotions. My recent split with his dad has been particularly tough for him, but this book has helped him talk properly about his feelings for the first time. I cannot thank the authors enough, or recommend this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I saw this book on bookaboo. Its a lovly story about mum and dad spitting up. It made me cry, but it puts the situation so well and would reassure any child, its also just a lovly story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 27 July 2011
S. Taylor (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I bought this for my 9-year old grand-daughter whose parents have recently separated. She loved it - was obviously amused by it, enjoyed the fact that she could read it herself, and quickly realised it was relevant to her situation. A good choice for younger chldren, too, as it is a book to be shared. It encouraged my grand-daughter to talk about her feelings, which must be a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didnt know what it was about I literally grabbed it because the cover looked good and it sounded like a funny story, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Mum and Dad Glue (Paperback)
I grabbed this book as our last borrow on the way out of the library, I didnt know what it was about I literally grabbed it because the cover looked good and it sounded like a funny story. I had no idea what to expect when I opened the pages but on this occasion I am glad I judged a book by its cover.

Florence is only just three but already at pre-school she knows children who's mummies and daddies dont live together so this actually is nice for her too. It answers some questions that I am sure children ask each other in the playground.

I am still with her dad but This book is still great for showing her that every family is not the same. I loved it and thought it was very well done

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mum and Dad Glue
Mum and Dad Glue by Kes Gray (Paperback - 7 Oct 2010)
4.79