5.0 out of 5 stars Very supportive and open minded.
I grew up learning about a God that only is good to you if you are perfect and fearfull, that any bad thing that happens is because you are somehow guilty of something (!) and as so unworthy.
This book came to show me He is not like that, He is a loving father who wants the best for you and loves you despite your faults, for he knows you better than yourself...
Published on 6 Jun 2009 by C. Kruger

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you
Published 12 months ago by Stefano Guaglione

5.0 out of 5 stars Very supportive and open minded., 6 Jun 2009
C. Kruger (Farnborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind (Paperback)
Now, that is a bedside reading, to soothing your mind - where all the good and the bad things happens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield of the Mind, 4 May 2010
This book is practical, easy to read and encouraging. It is written in short sections within short chapters, so easy to read a bit and then reflect and act on before comencing. An excellent book, very useful, thought and action provoking. It makes sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another book every Christian (and even non-Christian) should read., 12 Dec 2009
Peter R (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As my wife says, I 'live life through books'. I have read quite a few books on similar subjects. Each one approaches the subject in different ways.

The thing I really liked about this book is that it is very real. Joyce writes in a way that allows you to be challenged without feeling condemned. I think it has contained one of the most important bits of information early on in the book - i.e. that a change in the mind will take time and we don't need to beat ourselves up if we fall back into the same pattern briefly. This has really helped me. It doesn't mean I am happy to keep falling into wrong patterns of thinking but it does mean that I don't sink down to the depths of despair when I do.

There is a LOT of important truth in this book. She uses scripture well and expands it and makes it practical.

I felt that the third part of the book entitled 'wilderness mentalities' wasn't so relevant to me at the moment, but I am sure that many will find them useful if those are the thought patterns they battle with: Eg. 'My future is determined by my past and present' or 'I can't help it - I'm just addicted to grumbling', 'My behaviour may be wrong, but it's not my fault.'

I would suggest that EVERY Christian read this book because we all suffer from a battle for the mind, not just those who might have 'addictions' or 'serious struggles'. This contains many truths we need to be aware of and much practical advise on how to win the battle for the mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield of the Mind Devotional: 100 Insights that will change the way you think, 5 Sep 2006
Anyone who has read the book Battlefield of the Mind will not be disappointed. This is one of the best devotionals around, it has built and challenged my spiritual life to a new level. The daily topics deal with real emotions that christains face everyday. I have recommended this book to a lot of my friends & they have all bought it from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent life changing book, 29 Feb 2008
This is one of the best book i have ever read. I have truggled for years to win the battles over my mind and lived with depression for a few years. I never thought i could ever gain control over my life because i did not know how to gain control over my mind.
This book has brought 'daylight' in my life and i cant even begin to describe what is has meant to me except that i am enternally grateful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christian Book, 14 Aug 2010
Battlefield of the Mind written by Joyce Meyer, an excellent, understandable book identyfying problems that can hinder a Christian's progression in their walk with God, well provided with biblical guidance. Advisible to read and pray about each chapter individually to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the full understanding of the impediments to a healthy mindset in the active Christian life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Joyce Meyer, 13 July 2010
K. Slater (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
If you like Joyce Meyer's teaching ministry, and many do, then you will probably like this book. You may not agree with all Joyce Meyer says on every point, but the book is very interesting read. The writer communicates in a clear manner and it is not difficult to follower her train of thought. Personally, I found much of the book helpful and thought provoking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening read, 10 Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this book. I was impressed. It is inspiring.
Particularly notable was the clarity of the message. It made sense, gave me direction and hope for overcoming any negative thinking.
Reading this was an uplifting experience. It is a book that I would re-read to keep picking out those words of wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal growth, 29 May 2010
This was my first purchase of any christian literature. I believe it was money well spent. This book has done so much for me and revolutionised the way I think and behave. It has tought me how to get control of my life and destiny and how to have a meaniningful relationship with God. I feel happier nowadays and whenever I feel overwhelmed,stressed, anxious or just negative, I think back to the teachings in this book. Overall I have learnt to have a happy disposition and to face difficulties with a new found strength and hope. I have grown so much as a person and as a christian after reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 April 2009
Ms. Ca Kelly - See all my reviews
I have read a couple of Joyce Meyer books now and I will continue to read the rest of her books, but I can honestly say that this book hits the nail on the head in every area of my life. I am not ashamed to admit I have problems with jealousy, anger and a bad attitude - but reading this book has truly helped me to realize that I CAN control what's in my mind and subsequently my heart. I am not saying I am totally healed and now never have a negative thought but I can quickly over come those negative feelings thanks to Joyce and the Word of God. I urge any one who feels they are having a personal battle with negativity to read this book and re- read it when you have finished. You will not be disappointed!

Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind by Joyce Meyer (Paperback - 18 Sep 2008)