Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 April 2009
... you are thinking of setting up a business/have a business idea, in the process of a start-up, looking for new direction/advice... This is a MUST read! I bought this book purely down to my appreciation of Jones' character and attitude to business. I was left inspired by his insightful and honest approach in sharing his thoughts, experiences and methods. Whilst some might find Jones' style a little patronising, if you are open-minded enough you will see that the no-nonsense stance "Tycoon" takes will put you in good stead, whether you are new to business or not. With a proven track record, Jones is not a person that can be so easily ignored.
on 8 May 2013
A great admirer of Jones for some years - but what is this? Repetition, repetition, repetition. Totally uninspiring yet on TV he is totally inspiring. Was it a lack of a good editor? I was very confused reading this and got to the point where I could only read a few pages at a time as it was so boring. It would not stop me buying another book by Jones but it would have to be far superior to this one. I know he is far more valuable to the British economy than this.
on 27 April 2008
Peter Jones (I disagree with the previous commenter on this point) is very likeable indeed. But I agree with his other points. Making a lot of money probably isn't that difficult, most of us fail because we are trained to believe it is difficult. Peter Jones does not have a gift for writing well - is prose is awkward in places, but that should give us all a clue, shouldn't it?
on 17 November 2015
Quick delivery, item as described, fair price paid :)
on 18 December 2008
This book has good sound advice for potential entrepreneurs.

It is self promotimg in parts, bigging up his achievements but it also tells you about his bad trading years and the risks of starting out.

One of my better impulse purchases at a train station WH Smith.

-- Lee
on 1 October 2009
Neither a business newcomer or a seasoned professional will learn much from this book. Almost no inspiration or practical content....just pages of waffle. The weakest of all the "Dragon" books. And as for the man himself...yuk!
on 8 August 2007
It seems Rachel Bridge did help him at the start and a writer called Cheryl Rickman seems to have helped him write the book (see the acknowlegements at the front of the book). I guess that's why it's so well written and easy to digest, how on earth could he find the time to do it himself, alongside the TV show and running and investing in all these other businesses? Most of these books are written by ghostwriters.

Good review Peter Wade. Not sure I'd invite him to tea either, but the advice is easy to understand and I like the inclusion of his failures or 'feedbacks' as well as his successes.

Well written, good advice, worth buying.

I agree about the tycoon TV series. Contestants were lame. They should do a UK inventor show like American inventor if thats doing so well.
on 3 July 2014
be nice to have the same talent as this man.
on 11 December 2015
A very good book and service was excellent
on 1 September 2014
Pretty weak, and actually a bit cheesy.