5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, heartbreaking, Inspiring
Published on 24 April 2008 by Undertheocean

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good
I am very sorry to say so, but I bought this book after having read the reviews on this page and thought it would be very good. I was extremely disapponited, it is badly written and the story is so far-fetched. I have read similar stories before, but the writers' skills managed to put everything into perspective and make it believable.
Also, I live in Italy, I was...
Published on 11 May 2010 by Helen.Garrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, heartbreaking, Inspiring, 24 April 2008
This review is from: Touched by Evil: The true story of the psychic powers that saved me from a life of abuse (Hardcover)
I used to read these kind of books but then I felt in general they all merged into one. This book grabs you as soon as you start reading and doesn't let go. It is like a thriller, has touches of 'Running with scissors' and also could be a Paulo Coelho novel. I have never come across anything like it! Although it is a distressing, harrowing tale it is more importantly an inspiration that leaves you feeling uplifted. I have never written a review before but I felt compelled to as it is so much more than a book about a distressed childhood.Don't be put off by it being in this genre as really it defies genre. I will carry this with me for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly Inspiring read., 29 April 2008
Smilely Face (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Although heartbreaking to contemplate such horrific child abuse, from somewhere in the misery emerged a Genius, whose life story is a life changing read. This is an amazing journey from abused child to Psychic, even after the years of hardship and danger nothing could stand in her way even at such a young age. This book is not only an inspiration to others who have suffered at the hands of abusers, it also runs some parallels with the more fortunate of us. In life take your chances wisely, be generous and loyal and above all believe in yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 Nov 2008
Although I had pre-ordered it from Amazon I didn't open it for a few weeks due to reading a lot of text books as I couldn't face what I felt might be a little dark and not uplifting and certainly not relaxing. I was very wrong, once I opened the book I thought it great, extremely easy to read and get into. Its very descriptive and everyone in it is very much alive to the reader. It is also horrifying in parts at the abuse that Michele encountered but ultimately it is an uplifting book that when it was finished I personally felt I could go out and conquer the world such is the inspiration it gives you. I could not put it down. Well worth getting and it certainly awakens your mind to the ability (for lack of a better word) to cosmic ordering and psychic abilities and is probably also a good introduction to the spiritual world for those that are sceptical as that in itself isn't the main focus of the book. It is more the backdrop to the interesting world that Michele lives in.
If there is one book you order make it this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A FABULOUS READ FROM A GIFTED PSYCHIC, 11 May 2010
Wow! What an amazing read from Michele Knight. I read this book in 24 hours flat. I was unable to put it down. It had me hooked from start to finish. Michele writes in great detail, holding nothing back, about her tortured childhood. She was sexually abused even before she was one year old - something that shocked me greatly - she lost her father to cancer at a young age and had a tempestuous relationship with her fiery Italian mother. In fact, Michele's entire childhood was full of what seemed to me heart-wrenching events - enough to push anyone to the edge but Michele had much help from the spirit world in the form of her twin, Lucy, who died at birth, and then later on from other spirit guides. Michele eventually came through many years of both mental and sexual abuse, helped along on her path by many helpers, guides, angels and messengers. Michele was cosmic ordering before anyone even knew what it was! In her 30s, she became well-known for her accurate psychic powers (a gift passed down to her by her mother), and after appearing in the media and on many TV shows, she now runs her own very successful psychic line. I truly believe Michele to be one of the best psychics in the country. What got me most about her via her book though was that no matter what fate threw at her, she maintained a spirit for life and could still see goodness in human beings, even through the very bleakest times. I take my hat off to her. If you want a great read, buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a class of its own, 19 April 2008
I don't usually like the misery memoir genre but this book was bought for me by a friend and I was blown away by it. It is a quite incredible story - not just about horrific abuse but also about the development of Michele's psychic powers. It reads more like a thriller - I read it in one sitting, staying awake well into the small hours as I simply couldn't put it down.
Michele Knight was horribly abused, by close friends and neighbours. Her mother was incredibly unstable and physically threatened her as well. She had many narrow brushes with death. But what is so heart-warming (and tragically sad as well) is that the spirit of her twin sister (who died as Michele was born) stayed with her the entire way through her childhood, comforting her and saving her life on many occasions. This spiritual element makes it something quite different and I was fascinated by the descriptions of the development of a psychic - how Michele heard spirits and learned healing at an incredibly young age.
The scene in Italy when an evil spirit devastates the entire campsite is just terrifying, as are the malevolent spirits that are attracted by Micheel's mother's seances. Spine-tingling.
Yes, the abuse is awful but it isn't gratuitous and I felt this book is wrongly marketed as a story of abuse. It is actually incredibly life-affirming - Michele never feels sorry for herself and is always looking on the positive side, even when most of us would see nothing positive at all.
There are some incredible cases of synchronicity and coincidence that do make you wonder about the possibility of the supernatural.
Finally, it is well-written, really well-written and that seems rare in this genre too.
I would recommend it wholeheartedly - not just to those who like misery memoirs but to anyone who is interested in human life, the supernatural and those who simply like a rattling good yarn.
Ghastly cover though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 13 Jan 2010
Julia Guthrie (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't read a vast amount of biographies, generally it's only if someone has a very intruiging energy, or a particular tale to tell. Michele Knight is one of those people.
Before I knew of her book, I found Michele to be one of the most welcoming & friendly people I'd ever known. Even though we have only spoken via the internet, the energy I picked up just drew me to her!
Reading this book gives such a vast insight into Michele's life, & the fact that she came through so much trauma to be the person she is now, speaks volumes.
She is such a huge inspiration to me, even more so now that I have read this, & the second part of this book shows without a doubt, that we are the masters of our own futures. We can indeed create the life of our dreams.
If Michele can do it...so can you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely Inspiring, 11 Nov 2008
Cl Utting "A Newman" (uk) - See all my reviews
I have only felt on two occasions to write a review and this is one of them. This book is totally inspiring in how it shows you that the strengh of one person can overcome so many difficult, challenging and life chaging experiences. You will be unable to put the book down. Michele deserves total admiration for her strengh of character. It must have taken so much inner strengh to go through all those painfull memories and yet you soon realise this is done out of total love. She does all of this to help others who may have been in her situations and to show that there is light at the end of the tunnel for anyone who has had a difficult life experience. A truely remarkable woman and a totally inspirational read, you will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and interesting read. Recommend., 29 Oct 2010
An interesting book about the rise to fame from humble beginnings which were touched by abuse. This is a relationship between a mother and daughter of accidental abuse which went on to colour a woman's life and relationships. Interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Inspiration, 11 Jun 2010
A very sad but touching life story that leaves you wanting to read more.As Michele takes you through her life story you can't help but empathise with her.A tough kid putting on a front when really she is most vulnerable.The book shows what strength you can find within even when it seems the whole world is against you.Although her life has been traumatic it is told with gentle humour which makes the book an enjoyable read.Michele gives hope to anyone who feels lonely or in despair.Truly inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me grateful, 3 Nov 2008
I recommend this book 1) because it's completely gripping; 2) because Michele's life is truly unique and you'll have never heard of anything quite like it before; 3) because it is testament to the fact that healing is possible even after years of sexual, physical, emotional, mental and psychic abuse; 4) because if you have had a fairly stable childhood, like me, you'll be eternally grateful and never complain again about how boring it was; 5) because Michele rocks and is possibly the most amazing and interesting person you could ever read about.

Used & New from: £0.01