Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 9 May 2009
I much preferred OD's previous novel, 'Vintage' to this one - I felt it was better researched, better written and the plot was cleverer.
Nat Wilde from the UK and US born Carrie are pitched against each other as the managers of rival auction houses in London. Throw into the mix single parent Serena - a fabulously talented forger and her lover - the owner of a plethora of fine art and trusted in the art world and the story is spiced up. A couple of characters from her previous novel are re-introduced and I felt this worked well. Unfortunately, it's all held together rather loosely with basic characterisation and, like I say, mediocre insight into the workings of the art scene.
Unlike 'Vintage' which felt real and was plausable, 'Priceless' is just a good yarn - nothing more, nothing less. I do hope her standards rise again with her next offering...
on 27 March 2009
Before being recommended Priceless, I'd never read Olivia Darling before so a friend lent me her first book Vintage which I devoured in one weekend, champagne, sex and intrigue, what's not to love? Priceless follows in a similar vein except that it's set in the glamorous world of international auction houses, something which I must admit didn't particularly interest me before. Well it certainly does now, if anything it's even more fast paced with ever more liberal doses of scandal and sex, if that was possible.

In a world which seems to be getting greyer by the day, I'm just grateful that there is a writer like Olivia Darling to add some much needed sunshine into our lives but the question is how is she going to follow this one?
on 30 March 2009
Realy really enjoy Olivia's books, both vintage and priceless. If you like Jilly Cooper then this is as close as it gets in my opinion. (please do not read the rubbish Country Pursuits!!) The characters are likeable with twisting yarns and some glamour along the way, set in the art world, (and champagne houses) it has good plotlines, easy reading, and doesnt take long to get into (as some do). No one will be as good as Jilly C but I have to say that Olivia Darling comes close which is high praise indeed.
on 7 September 2009
enjoyed this - loved Vintage & this didnt disappoint either - a new chick lit star is born