on 31 December 2008
Good book. So much information that I had to read it twice and I still haven't taken it all in. The basic idea is awareness and management of your emotions and those of others. There are concepts here that everyone will find useful - all you need is a willingness to learn more about yourself. It can be scary at times to see the low level (or absence) of some of these principles in ourselves, but self-realisation is the first step towards improvement in any area.

It's not perfect. Some of the exercises are a bit vague and could benefit from an example. Also, there is a tendency to see things in
black and white with no middle ground. Certain things about the reader are assumed - family/friends who are willing to let you practice your new-found skills, various past experiences ready to be recalled. The last section is about using EI in the work place, in intimate relationships and with children - 3 areas that are not open to many people. And some of the sections are annoyingly short, but it is a small book.

However, I would recommend reading this book (at least once). We can all learn something from it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 September 2013
As ever with Amazon sellers, the transaction and delivery went without a hitch. I was disappointed in the book, which I bought to develop my understanding of theory about emotional intelligence, rather than because I need help (though I expect I do!) It was too simple and contained small written exercises I had no desire to do. I did not learn anything, lost patience and, perhaps foolishly, threw away the book. I think it would be suitable for someone who is deeply conscious of needing help and who needs the level of information given. Perhaps I just bought into the wrong series for my particular needs.
on 12 April 2013
Everyone should read this especially those in the employment business. Learn how to handle almost any situation comfortably without stress.
on 7 June 2010
Always you expect from a book to get a big impression about it. this definitely did it. it changes your perspective of view about things, and definitely help you to deal better with situations. i suggest to give a quick read, and after that to be more thorough and make notes as it was a manual. really good you wont be dissapointed ( at least i didnt) many thanks!