on 8 March 2015
Excellent collection. Starting with a medium sized story of the origin of the Secret Seven. These were act the first stories Enid Blyton wrote of the SS. The book has 6 short of the SS, from miss calls to out right heroism by them. My kids love the adventures of these rascals. You know the stories are great when iPad obsessed kids ask "now that we finished the book can we read it again, so we can choose a faverite". Long live the Secret Seven, still inspiring kids over 3 generations later.
on 15 September 2009
This non picture book is a collection of 6 short stories about the Secret Seven. The first story, The Secret of the Old Mill, is the very first story about the Secret Seven - how they started their secret society, how they chose the name Secret Seven and their very first adventure. In each short story the Seven have a different adventure. This paves the way for the next book, The Secret Seven, which is the first full length adventure story book about them.

My 6 year old has just finished reading this book and has thoroughly enjoyed it. It has made a nice change from reading fairy and animal books and has now become her favourite. She can't wait to read the next book in the series, The Secret Seven.
on 25 November 2010
A group of my friends meet fortnightly and discuss an interesting topic. We had to read a short story so for a laugh I sent off for the Secret Seven short story series by Enid Blyton. It is the beginning of the later novels and tells you how they formed and gives you all the characters and the beginning of their numerous adventures. It went down a treat! With the misery of the recession it was nice to have a bit of nostalgia and remind you of the child you were and how exciting life was then,as everything was so new and all things were possible.
on 15 January 2016
THE “SECRET SEVEN” SERIES

THEY ARE THE BEST FOR A FIRST READ!

Enid’s early works include the ‘Secret Seven Society’ books featuring Peter (the society's leader), Janet (Peter's sister), Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. They were the catalyst which encouraged me to start reading more than 50 years ago. Thank you, Enid.

The BBC, many public libraries, local authorities and alleged educational experts have been completely wrong about the worth of the Blyton works. I can remember having substantial difficulty obtaining the original versions of the books. Quite a few shops would not stock them then but they were wonderful stories for teenagers! The tales are great to read for their simplicity and straightforwardness.

When one did find copies of the book they were quite expensive all those years ago but great to own. I loved the physical appearance of the books as well which I treasured as a youngster with the way in which the books were produced then making them somehow much easier to read.

It’s a delight to read these stories of adventure again in middle age although recent editing has diminished some of the memories I have of the original editions and words used then (but I am now getting old).

Never mind… these books remain one of my best friends for life: they began my own reading adventure so do read these special adventures of the Secret Seven Society for yourselves.
on 25 January 2013
I loved these Secret Seven stories when I was a child, read them to my children and bought this for my granddaughter. I love reading them to her as much as when I read them myself! Enid Blyton is the best writer for children who love the fantasy stories which always turn out ok!
on 20 January 2013
6 or 7 short stories all bar one of which can be read in 15 minutes or so

These are short stories which have a beginning, middle and an end.
on 7 February 2014
Purchased for my 5 yr old Grandson who loved the stories. Quality paper and print very good. Would recommend to any would be Blyton readers.
on 29 August 2014
The write up makes out there are lots of pictures and that the new edition is colourful with short chapters. Not the case. The best bit is the cover to be honest . Not for reluctant readers.
on 13 March 2012
You can't beat Enid Blyton for encouraging reluctant and poor readers to read. She gives children lots of opportunity to practise their skills since most of her books are written for the same reading age, but that is just what my granddaughter needs. She read half a chapter of this book each day and was so pleased to complete it. Now she's looking forward to reading the others in the series which is the first time she's looked forward to reading anything
on 3 December 2012
Not having seen this book before I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't disappointed! I bought this for my daughter along with the rest of the series, and she loves them all!