5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Tale, 22 May 2007
Kevin M. (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Deepak is best known for presenting Eastern ideas to a Western audience with a clear vision and penetrating insight. When I saw this book at a local store, I just had to buy it, since I wanted to read how Deepak would convey his ideas in fiction - in retelling the tale of Buddha's journey to enlightenment. I found this book to be mesmerizing almost as if I was right there with the Buddha experiencing everything.

Buddhism has always interested me with its ethic of compassion, mindfulness and emphasis on meditation. So to understand the Buddha's journey in a contemporary tale has been most spell-binding. My own understanding of the Buddha started with Siddhartha a classic by Herman Hesse and I also loved a unique spiritual novel on compassion called Nexus: A Neo Novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, Insightful, Inspiring, 28 Oct 2008
Steve Roche (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha (Paperback)
Having long been drawn towards the peaceful ideology and practical approaches to living that buddhism offers (and having read the Hesse book) I wasn't sure about a fictionalised version of Buddha's life, but it works really well.
Chopra writes superbly, showing skill and sensitivity in putting across the ideas, especially in giving one a chance to understand what achieving enlightenment might actually mean.
I particularly liked his Epilogue where he speaks to the reader about the process of writing the book, and the short Practical Guide to Buddhism. I learned more from these 13 pages than from many hours of previous study and meditation with my buddhist friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars Opening your mind, 30 Sep 2009
A. Snow (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
A thought provoking read that presents the background to a spiritual approach to life in line with the modern day growth in popularity of yoga and medition.

The way the book discusses spiritual concepts in the format of a story, makes it easy for readers of all backgrounds to open their mind to the content discuss and perhaps even see the benefits of adopting some of the approaches to life into their own.

Particularly interesting to me as a yoga and meditation enthusiast to understand the Buddhist background to this practice and way of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deepak Chopra inspires us once more., 3 May 2011
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
If you have ever enjoyed reading Deepak's wise words, then this book is a must have. Ever since I read 'Way of the Wizard' years ago, I have been recommending Chopra's books. The wisdom on Eastern philosophies he manages to relay through beautiful story telling is magnificent. What I also appreciate about his writing is the simplicity in the language he uses so that it may be accessible to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 July 2009
Mr. Clayton L. Hill "Zampo" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
This book was easy to read and tell the storey extreamly well, I couldn't put this book down as it keeps you gripped at every step. A must read book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Buddha (Kindle Edition)
Buddha is intriguing and easily-read like the other books by Dr Deepak Chopra.I could not put it down until I finished it, and started reading it again straight away after that.

5.0 out of 5 stars reference book on Buddism, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
once again I was recommended to get this book Amazon were brilliant with a choice of suppliers at realistic prices very pleased with the purchase which now graces a place in my library

5.0 out of 5 stars A new telling of the classic story, 19 Nov 2013
M. Mayne (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
I read Herman Hesse's Siddhartha many times growing up, I was surprised at how different this book was from what I had grown to associate with the 'sequence of events' from Buddha's life. They are very different, and yet, still follow the same path. This novel, as with all of Chopra's work, has given me much to reflect upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and beautiful, 7 Oct 2012
Bobby "Bobstar" (Leamington Spa, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
An easy to read and well explained journey. It has been written to appeal to those who are dipping their toe into the river of Buddha as well as those who already bath in the spiritual waters. A delightful story told simply with the right amount of depth to appreciate the journey of enlightenment.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
brillianT loved reading this book, i now have an insight into buddhas life story in easy to read book by Deepak Chopra

Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment
Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment by Deepak Chopra (Paperback - 21 Aug 2008)
7.19