5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Finale, 2 July 2009
C. Berens - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
The last in the series of four books this is not only brilliantly researched, and giving fascinating insights to aspects of the 2nd World War that I never knew about, but through four very engaging protagonists. It is a great story and keeps you gripped to the last page. It even gives scope for more story to tell. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Act, 7 Aug 2009
L. G. Laing "Lalalaing" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
This was much anticipated and didn't disappoint - the quality was not lost and I loved it. Hilary Green has to write something else... please

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Act - Superb, 5 July 2009
Mrs. V. Dunn - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
The Final Act was eagerly await from 2008, and I was not disappointed.
A wonderful story with strong links between friends and lovers. An
absolute must to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy and sad, 21 July 2010
V. Wilde - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
I was very happy with this final book in the saga - it was, as always, gripping reading. After 3 books I know and love these characters so enjoyed spending more time with them and following them to the very well crafted and satisfying conclusion. I admire how the author wove all the various threads together to create a satisfying end to such a broad ranging drama. But I was also very sad to say goodbye to them and to shut the book and know I won't be able to find out "what happened next" to all the characters as they faced life after the war.

Hilary always combines well drawn, sympathetic characters, with careful research and compelling storylines. Since "discovering" this series of books I found myself doing what I used to do as a child, staying up far too late reading because I simply had to know what happens, particularly in some of the scenes involving partisans and SOE operatives. I can't recommend Hilary Green's work highly enough - more please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend, 5 Dec 2012
I have read a lot of books but this series is definately one of the best. Its well written and an easy read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 29 April 2011
I was distraught when I found this was out of print, and started scouring the local shops, charity shops, libraries etc until I finally found a hardback edition on here! I simply could not put it down, it is a brilliant piece of writing, well researched. To the lady who couldn't find a copy of Theatre of War - I have it in paperback, bought in a shop recently, so keep trying!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Act - what a shame, 5 April 2014
I loved this series. The lives of the people moves at a good pace but you keep in touch with others. Well written and easy to read. I ready the first book then couldn't wait to download the rest of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much the final present for Christmas, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
This was also an additional gift this Christmas for my wife, it completed the series which is has greatly enjopyed

5.0 out of 5 stars The Follies series by hilary green, 5 Oct 2013
Mr. M. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
I found a copy of Now is the Hour in a second hand book shop by chance but on starting to read it, I couldn't put it down. The four main characters are so well drawn you feel as if you know them as well, (or better), as real-life friends or family. I then set out to find if any more had been written and yes! found the other three. They can be read independently but it is even better if read in order because you can follow the story line even easier.
I have certainly learnt a lot regarding the last world war and Hilary Greens research into details of that time is brilliant in every way. I love the way she 'ties up all loose ends' at the end of the Final Act, my only disappointment being I cannot tap in to see what Merry and Felix, Rose and Richard are doing now!

5.0 out of 5 stars read all the others, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Final Act (Follies 4) (Paperback)
Great read and good to finish the series. as always books are good value. I always recommend Amazon to friends. and buy gift vouchers too.

The Final Act (Follies 4)
The Final Act (Follies 4) by Hilary Green (Paperback - 11 Jun 2009)
7.99