5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for reading aloud!
This is one of our family's favourite books. The storyline is simple enough for the youngest children to follow, but not boring for the adults who have to read it again, and again, and again...! The illustrations are great too - can YOU find the beetle?
Published on 11 Dec 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Review by SHAPE LAND Trevor Trangle Loses the Mail Author.
Billy has lost his beetle! He seeks the help of a sniffy dog, the dog's owner, a polar bear, Oompah band, hedgehog, elephant, pig and a little girl.
Who will find the beetle? Find out in this beautiful illustrated story, which will entertain young children again and again.
Published on 29 May 2008 by Samantha

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is that Beetle, 4 Feb 2012
I was looking for a nice story and here I've found one. We use the audio cd as part of our bed time routine. And listen to the story every night, and I still like it. When my daughter is old enough for the book I'm sure she will have great fun finding the beetle which is hiding on every page. The simple but fun story written for children, and I laughed when the lady lost her sausages too. Happy reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A long time favourite in our house!, 12 Jan 2010
L. Lewis (York, North Yorks, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Billy's Beetle (Paperback)
We bought this book for one of our children when it was first published over 15 years ago. It was a delight then, beautifully told and illustrated and has never left our book shelves since. Once a friends' child was old enough to start having stories read to him, we couldn't wait to buy him a copy so that their family could enjoy it too! You will want to read it over and over again!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book because I like Mick Inkpen's drawings., 6 Mar 2000
By A Customer
I thought it was a good book. I like reading Mick Inkpen's books. I have read "Kipper" as well. Billy's beetle is a very funny book about a boy losing his beetle. Lots of different people help Billy to find it. by Jessica Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Review by SHAPE LAND Trevor Trangle Loses the Mail Author., 29 May 2008
This review is from: Billy's Beetle (Paperback)

Billy's Beetle
Billy's Beetle by Mick Inkpen (Paperback - 2 Aug 2007)
Used & New from: £42.39