Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 7 August 2007
We were having enormous troubles with getting our two and a half year old to bed in the evenings, to the extent of him still roaming the halls at 10.30pm. After six weeks of trying everything we could think of, we just didn't know what to do.

After skimming through "Ask Supernanny" we picked up some great techniques, and after a week of dedicated application of Supernanny's suggestions our boy is asleep by 7.30pm and we have our evenings to ourselves again.

The format of the book is great, a mix of an advice column with questions from parents, a technique to try, and linking it to her experiences (with of course a reference to a family in a Supernanny episode)

I have recommended this book to other parents having the same troubles we were and they have acheived the same results. It may not be all things to all people, but if you get only one tip that works for for and your family it is worth the price alone.

Thank you Supernanny.
VINE VOICEon 22 January 2009
I am suprised by the strength of some of the views expressed so far. I didn't find the book in any way disrespectful to children - in fact it really helped me to be more tolerant and enjoy the time I spend with my daughter. Jo is right in that you're the adult, and the child looks to you to set boundaries - not barriers, but boundaries - otherwise how else can you define what good behaviour is? I like the way it's been laid out into easy reference chapters like 'Bedtime' and 'Mealtime' so it's really easy to tap into the section you need when you're desperate. I have given it 4 stars not 5 because at times I felt like strategies were presented as the 'ultimate solution', and I did sometimes want to know, if it doesn't work, (and it doesn't always - every child is different) THEN what do I do - it kind of leaves you a bit stumped as to where to go next. But this book has been a great comfort, and it does help to know that parents all over the country have gone through the same thing and that issues can be resolved.
on 18 January 2014
Good book, divided into sections which you can find easily if you are only looking to work out a certain issue. There is nothing new that she hasn't dealt with on the TV series. So if you've watched the series there are no new gems in here, ans she does reference the families from the series quiet a bit. But its clear and concise. My only issue with Supernanny is she revolves all the solutions around a 2 parent family dynamic. But the book answers a lot of questions.
on 10 May 2013
Got some advice on potty training but its more of a general book going over various topics and some not relevant. Would recmnd her as she is really good but i should have got a more specific book for my needs to do with potty training. I love Jo and find her shows really good and her books are good too but i think i picked wrongly.
on 30 October 2009
a must have!!
has helped me an many of my friend ive even bought them as gifts for other people who all love it!!
she knows what she is talking about!!
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2014
Interesting and informative. Lots of good ideas here. Whether you have a 'difficult' child or not this is a good book to study. It puts you on the right lines as far as children's behaviour us concerned.
on 13 April 2016
A must read for all parents
After watching the tv series that Jo had it was worth reading her books in finding out her methods and trailing them
on 8 April 2013
This book is all common sense written down. I love it. Whenever I forget a strategy for dealing with the children I have a dip into it.
on 17 June 2015