5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone
Published on 18 May 2009 by Iain S. Palin

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality of product does not match content
I ordered this for my own use, which made the inferior quality of the paper used to produce this more tolerable than if it had been bought as a present.

The content is excellent, as expected - but I would have been disappointed had I bought this book to give as a present. I would have been happy to pay more for better quality printing.
Published on 13 Jan 2011 by Susannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 18 May 2009
Iain S. Palin (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a book where the over-used phrase does hold true. There really is "something for everyone" here. I was surprised and delighted at the range. Poems remembered (often dimly) from schooldays, poems whose acquaintance I made more recently through the radio, and some poems I had not previously heard of at all. The range covered is wide indeed, and while the lengths of the hundred poems printed here do vary, none is too long. It's a book to keep to hand dip into for maximum enjoyment - and enjoyment there will be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality of product does not match content, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: One Hundred Favourite Poems: Poems for all occasions chosen by Classic FM listeners (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hundreds of Poems., 20 Mar 2011
C. I. Smith "c i c smith" (Kent,UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have not read any real poetry since i was in school but decided that i would like a chance to look again.
I came across this book in a review that was on radio and thought i would like to take a look, all had put thier point across so i decided that i would go on Amazon to see if i could find the book.I have had a look through and have found some of my favourite poems and have read some that i have not seen,so far i have really enjoyed this revisit,i am so pleased that i took the chance,if you are new to poems this is a good book to start with as it has some of the well known poems in,it will give you the chance to try some thing new as well as you finding some of the golden oldies.
Well worth a try and i am sure you will enjoy as i am doing it's inexpensive so if you find that its not your cup of tea then you have not spent loads,i would say that it would make a great present for a friend or family member.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite poems, 28 Jun 2010
J. L. Robertson (Northampton GB) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent compilation based on readers' choice. I have now purchased three copies to give to friends.I recommend it as a gift for children. It will introduce them to some of the best poems in our language.

5.0 out of 5 stars First poetry book, 23 April 2012
I wanted to see if I would enjoy reading poetry. So I bought this book to give me an insight and that is exactly what it has done. It has provided me with some wonderful poems that I have enjoyed reading and through that I have been able to choose my favourites and read other poetry collections. I would highly recommend this book to someone just starting reading poetry or someone who wants to have a classic collection in the one book.

4.0 out of 5 stars one hundred favourite poems, 21 April 2012
Ms. E. A. Nicholson "Bag Lady" (Dumfries) - See all my reviews
Lovely book of poems some well known and a few I hadn't heard before. Most 'favourite poem' books do tend to have the same ones in and this is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic FM Favourite poems, 3 Nov 2009
D. MANLEY (Derbyshire England) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. Many of the poems are ones that I remember from childhood and teenage years - it was great to read them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poetry book, 13 Mar 2014
Okay. In reasonable condition. Have seen better.
But it will do. It's been around a bit. Rather grubby pages throughout.

4.0 out of 5 stars poems, 15 Dec 2013
Tanya May Harrison (Swansea, West Glam, GB) - See all my reviews
My sister in law will love this, there are some lovely poems in it, some of which even I knew!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A conservative anthology, 14 Dec 2013
It is what it says it is - 100 Favourite Poems - but mostly chosen, I think, by people who do not read much modern poetry, therefore a little unimaginative. However, it will keep its place on my bookshelf.