5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!!!!!
Published on 2 Jan 2001 by lisa@smilewebs.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Naughtiest girl in school
I think this book is very funny and I would recommend it for 9 - 12 year olds. It is one of my favourite reads but I wish it was longer as it only took me two nighs to finish!
Published 21 months ago by Kat_G

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!!!!!, 2 Jan 2001
I bought this tape for my 6 year old twins just before christmas and I can honestly say I have never seen them so quite. We had a power cut on Saturday and it proved to be a real winner! It was cold and snowy outside and we holed ourselves up in the sitting room with the fire roaring, the curtains closed, bowls of crisps and listened to this story. They sat through the whole two tapes without moving!! There are two stories, the first is about a girl, Elizabeth who is sent to boarding school and she is determined to be naughty and get sent home. But then she starts to enjoy life at the school and make friends and doesn't want to leave. The second follows her second term when she is determined to be good but keeps getting into all sorts of scrapes. We had such a lovely afternoon that I will definately be buying the next Naughtiest Girl in School tapes and as requested by my children, we'll turn off all the noise of modern life and just sit and listen. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 29 Jun 2007
Mrs. S. P. Parker "PinballPenny" (Northern England) - See all my reviews
This is the same recording as the cassette one we have owned for years, which is really good news, as there are no irritating changes and 'updates' We really enjoy these stories, funny and entertaining. This CD is FAB! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 5 April 2010
This review is from: Naughtiest Girl: 01: Naughtiest Girl In The School (Paperback)
I loved Enid Blyton as a child and hoped my daughter might like it too. I bought her the CD for her 6th birthday and she loves listening to this at bedtime. She now wants to read the books too. It is a step back in time to another world but maybe Enid Blyton was right when she said 'I Know what children want'! Good stories/writing always stand the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's hooked!, 30 Dec 2008
My 6 year old had this for Christmas (as recommended by a previous review) and she hasn't stopped listening to it yet. She listens to both CDs every night and today asked me if there was a DVD/Video as she is dying to see what everyone looks like! A long discussion about imagination followed but I am sure she will go on to the other Boarding School books!

3.0 out of 5 stars Naughtiest girl in school, 3 Nov 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in an "awfully awfully" sort of way!, 19 Sep 2011
I got this in an audio book because I (not the kids) got sick of listening to the same old stuff on the CD in the car and let's face it there is only so much Jedward you can take (in spite of being Irish!!).
My girls like this especially the older one who is almost 7 years. It is well produced and as always Enid Blyton is very entertaining in a very 1950s kind of way. This is also a double CD which is good. I would definitely look for more like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ELIZABETH ALLENS, 24 Dec 2013
It took me under two hours to read BUT I did have a few breaks but not many because of the amazing story-line

4.0 out of 5 stars audio book, 25 Mar 2010
K. Reid (uk) - See all my reviews
My 7year old daughter finds these cds very entertaining. Great for long car journeys + done in chapters so its easy to stop + start.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic for children, boys or girls!!, 16 Jun 2009
I got this book for my boys and they love it!!

Just goes to show that such great books aren't just for the girls!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice touch of nostalgia, 13 Jun 2011
The Faraway Tree and the Naughtiest Girl series were the only Enid Blyton books I'd ever enjoyed as a child and felt like a comfy read when I discovered these books were still available - and to my surprise, being read by a new generation! I admit that I had few hopes when I got this book to read on Kindle. After all, ENID BLYTON????! However, I enjoyed it. The book is beautifully written and although it's out of date and probably politcally incorrect, I still liked reading it.

One niggle was that the modern editing was faulty - eg, the girls are apparently allowed to go to the pictures once a week, but on TWO POUNDS a week pocket money?? Also, Poor Elizabeth hands over her term's money, totalling eight quid but will get 2 a week back and she's bitterly disapointed! They should take more care with this kind of thing!

All in all, a big nostalgic hit for me. I imagine that modern children will enjoy it, too - although quite how they could possibly relate to a ten-year-old going away to school is a mystery.

Naughtiest Girl: 01: Naughtiest Girl In The School
Naughtiest Girl: 01: Naughtiest Girl In The School by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 17 May 2007)
3.99