on 27 October 2009
I find the CD and book very helpful, quite hard to speak and get correct but stick at it.I have learnt quite a bit by now but a long way to go till the end.
on 24 November 2010
comes with a cd
it gives a general overall view of estonian grammar.
somewhat outdated when it comes to money. the new reprint will no doubt have prices in euro.
the conversations are just a means to introduce vocab. don't expect you can use them at the doctor's or in a coffee bar.
but of all the books i have gone through, this ranks very high.
on 30 July 2009
I bought this CD hoping to learn Estonian as I drove but it contains no translations! The only help you get is the title of the exercise; eg. How To Tell the Time, followed by 30 seconds of questions and replies in Estonian. If I asked someone what the time was I'd expect them to actually tell me what the time is, not spout a random reply like "it's half past four" regardless of the time of day. How is anyone supposed to learn Estonian if they're not told the meaning of what they're saying?! Why would I want to learn the words without their meaning?! If you buy this CD you NEED to buy the book that should accompany it.
Rated 1 star because I could not rate it 0